Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2006 White 2WD LT
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my fiance an 07 TBSS back in July and she decided she wanted to lower it right away so I directed her to the store as I've bought stuff through Tony several times in the past with good luck, including the lowering kit for my new tahoe earlier this year. Ordered on 7/21 and here it is 2 months later and some drama left out we're still waiting on the upper control arms and I've been told next week for nearly a month. I'd just like an honest update. Or better yet, a tracking number... I've sent texts and DMs on instagram. We've been pretty patient. Especially since we changed kits originally due to the rear springs being on backorder with zero mention of the upper control arms not being available any time soon. The package showed up on 8/6 and I immediately DM'd Tony asking when I could expect the control arms. We've had a box of useless parts sitting waiting on these things for a minute now and she's not happy...

Anybody else having issues?

Also, really wanted to pick up the 20" snowflakes but if business has come to this I may just have to go elsewhere.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
997 Posts
Haha. I’ve waited longer for stuff from him. It’s most likely out of his control and I’m sure he’s doing everything he can do to get the control arms. He doesn’t manufacture them. He has to order everything in large batches. Plus the whole BS Covid thing has everything at a stand still. Prob waiting for shipping container from C-H-I-N-A. Just be patient. You’ll be very satisfied when you get the parts installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 White 2WD LT
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I get supply issues. I'm pretty patient and understand there being a wait when something is back ordered. My issue comes in where there is no clarity. She ordered one kit, was notified the springs were back ordered 5 weeks so she might want to switch to another kit, which she agreed to. There was no mention of the uppers being back ordered as well which makes changing kits pointless. Either way we found out about the uppers when the belltech package arrived.

Just not how I like to do business. If you don't know, say so. No need to string people along saying next week, next week, next week..

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
997 Posts
I understand your frustrations. Been there. Tony is pretty much the only guy with quality specialty TBSS parts. Unfortunately, there is no other options.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my fiance an 07 TBSS back in July and she decided she wanted to lower it right away so I directed her to the store as I've bought stuff through Tony several times in the past with good luck, including the lowering kit for my new tahoe earlier this year. Ordered on 7/21 and here it is 2 months later and some drama left out we're still waiting on the upper control arms and I've been told next week for nearly a month. I'd just like an honest update. Or better yet, a tracking number... I've sent texts and DMs on instagram. We've been pretty patient. Especially since we changed kits originally due to the rear springs being on backorder with zero mention of the upper control arms not being available any time soon. The package showed up on 8/6 and I immediately DM'd Tony asking when I could expect the control arms. We've had a box of useless parts sitting waiting on these things for a minute now and she's not happy...

Anybody else having issues?

Also, really wanted to pick up the 20" snowflakes but if business has come to this I may just have to go elsewhere.
I been having the same issues I ordered my up Tubular control arms from Tony on
July 21, 2020 we are already on
October 1,2020 I already sent a dm on Instagram Facebook in no reply back to me at last time I sent a message he told me like 2 - 3 weeks it’s been about 6weeks already in nothing

·
Registered
2006 White 2WD LT
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He's been answering texts here and there. He told me a week and a half ago that he was shipping them out the day I asked for an update. I asked for tracking info the other day with no answer. Text again today asking what was up and he responded saying he just found out they got damaged in shipping and would be sending me out a new set today. Still no text with a tracking number. I don't know if I believe he ever sent the first set honestly. Hopefully he follows through this time. It's a shame when a good vendor becomes unreliable and shady. I understand product availability issues and honesty would solve any and all concern but that has been thrown to the wayside. I'm giving him one last chance before I start trying to get my money back and spreading the word on all the forums and social media.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
120 Posts
Because of the above posts I ordered my rear suspension airbag to spring conversion kit from Rockauto. It's a same when a vender won't even respond to your order.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
120 Posts
By the way I ordered Westar Springs and KYB Shocks. Does anyone have any comments on these?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
120 Posts
I ordered the springs and shocks at 9:11am and received a shipping confirmation with a tracking number at 10:41am. Thank you Rockauto. That is what customer service is all about.

·
Registered
07' TBSS
1 Posts
IMG_2394.jpg

I’m currently on KYB shocks and stock airbags. I haven’t had any issues with KYB, they ride comfortably. Like the rest on here waiting for parts, I’ve been waiting on the 30.5 rear springs and front upper a arms since March/April.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
120 Posts
It's post's like above I didn't order from Tony. I would have liked to but my air springs are starting to leak down daily. I should have the new shocks and springs from Rock Auto a week from today. Like a said I got a shipping notice with tracking number in about 90 minutes after I placed the order. I will let everyone know how it works out after I do the install. It seems to be a fairly easy job. I just hope the springs will give me the stock ride height.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
131 Posts
Had similar dealing with Tony, after how he handled stuff I wont buy from him again unless have to. How he handled things wasn't what a reputable person should of done

Now in the end he did refund me on my arms but his delayed responses, responses that were a carry on just not how I expect things to be handled

I'm aware of covid bullshit but communication is key and honestly some of his replies felt like bullshitting

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
120 Posts
The Westar Springs and KYB Shocks that I ordered arrived early. It took me about 2 hours, maybe a little more and it was done. The rear is perfect stock height. The ride is also great. Just an FYI.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts