Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm making the jump from the stockers up to the 22" reps and was wondering what they would look like with a 3/4" spacer up front and 1" in the rear. I am also going with a 285/35/22 tire. I have been running the bora hubcentric 3/4" up front and 1" on rear on the stock wheels for about 4 years with absolutely no problems. I like the way it looks with the wheels pushed out flush with the fenders but will the 22"s stick out farther with the spacers? I just can't comprehend the offset difference between the stock 20's and 22" reps.

·
NOT SLOW, NOT FAST
TrailblazerSS
1,982 Posts
I have heard peeps use spacers with FR 22's.

Also,I would not consider 285/35's to be "rubberbands":2cents:. I have 275/30's and they look thin wrapped around a 24" rim but it actually has a decent amount of sidewall. 285/35's would have even more sidewall.

Reactions: sleeper22

·
Registered
06 3SS TBSS RWD
882 Posts
The higher the offset number is the more the wheel will sit inside the wheel well and lower the offset number the more the wheel will be closer to the fender. So say you have a wheel that is +15mm offset , that wheel will be closer to the edge of the fender. +45mm means the wheel will sit further inside the fender well and wont be flush with the fender. With that being said , im pretty sure our stock wheels have a +45mm offset but i could be wrong. Not sure what the offset is on the FR 22's. Im sure some one will chime in with it.

Reactions: ls1mtz

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,727 Posts
285/35 or 265/40 can both be run without spacers. Or with. Whatever your choice.

I went with 265/40 to have a little more sidewall and fill the fender gap slightly more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts