Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm looking at a 07 tbss at a dealer with 55k miles for 16k, from first glance under the hood and from driving it, it looks as though it has a new edlebrock top end kit, heads, cam, full intake with larger fuel rails and injectors. they also claim the same shop put a new torque converter on it. It drives and shifts very good, when i took it up to about 5k it shifted and reved smooth and didn't seem to shift hard at all. I assume because of the mods some have stayed away from it. They say the former owner had all of the work done at a reputable shop but don't have any info on it.

My question is should I be wary of this tb or does it sound like the mods might be safe. I'm concerned more with engine reliability. Are these common mods that don't hurt reliability or longevity? I was more of a mustang fan and don't know too much about the ls2's tendency's.

Thanks for any thoughts or opinions.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
441 Posts
im sure its fine. the motors are reliable it just sucks cuz u dont know how the old owner drove it.. u have to assume he drove the crap outta it

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Try to kind out who the old owner was.. Is it a clean or salvage title? Cause 16 sounds cheap

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Is there a link to the lots website?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did run the vin and everything checked out, no red flags, no salvage title, and the dealer is suppose to be contacting me with either the shop who did it or the previous owner so hopefully everything checks out.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
I would but I wanna keep it to myself in case everything is as good as it seems.
Call dibs on it then post the link.

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
208 Posts
considering either NADA or KBB, price is way below book value. You may have just gotten lucky?! But if it had that many mods and nobody on the site knows the truck, I personally would be leery.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts