Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking around and couldn't find it.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Brandon...I was just farting around with it.
I hope to finally get my w/b installed and send you a log for tweaking.

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh man, did I open up a Pandora's box? I like little buttons, not exporting and sorting...haha.

·
Banned
3,510 Posts
Thanks Brandon...I was just farting around with it.
I hope to finally get my w/b installed and send you a log for tweaking.
Let me know once you get that WB and we will get that truck setup. With HPT you use an external program that is very simple to use, EFILIVE contains the VVE within the same software title but this is not an argument about the two

Oh man, did I open up a Pandora's box? I like little buttons, not exporting and sorting...haha.
Its much more simple than it sounds.

You could always go MAF only....
It works for Ford...
Maf only is not a bad route to go but why not take advantage of having a blended model for varying driving conditions?

Ford's have done it but also suffer drivability issues that GM dont. Its not a complete apples to apples comparison due to many outside factors but there is a reason why a buddy who is into ford's always reminds us how lucky we are to have a ve table

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
Maf only is not a bad route to go but why not take advantage of having a blended model for varying driving conditions?

Ford's have done it but also suffer drivability issues that GM dont. Its not a complete apples to apples comparison due to many outside factors but there is a reason why a buddy who is into ford's always reminds us how lucky we are to have a ve table

Depends what you are doing. I use the blended model most of the time.

There is a reason that late model Fords all run boost and low overlap cams if they change them from stock at all. Then again I have had LS motors with huge cams run MAF only for 90% or the RPM range using the VE blend for idle and off idle only. Every build is different.

·
Banned
3,510 Posts
Depends what you are doing. I use the blended model most of the time. There is a reason that late model Fords all run boost and low overlap cams if they change them from stock at all. Then again I have had LS motors with huge cams run MAF only for 90% or the RPM range using the VE blend for idle and off idle only. Every build is different.
Agreed that each situation is different. The ford world is so much different than GM at times but thats a whole different subject.

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Now carb talk? I put a TPS switch on my Holley when I bought my LM-1 about 7 years ago...oh the times have changed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.