Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I Don't Start My TBSS And Let It Run For Atleast 10 Minutes Everyday My Battery Dies Within Two Days. I Have A Brand New Duralast Gold 1000 CCA Battery And When AutoZone Tested It They Said The Battery Is O.K. And They Wouldn't Replace It, Just Recharge It.

Then I Started Thinking, I Started Having This Problem With My Battery Dying Right After I Should Have Received My Monthly Diagnostic Report That I Usually Get A On The 16th Of Every Month, But Not This Month. I Have An Active Onstar Account And Rarely Every Use It Or The Built In Phone. So Last Night I Go For A Little Cruise And Decide To Check The Local Weather Report Of Where I Was Driving. So I Press The OnStar Button, She Says "Onstar Ready" Do I Say "Virtual Advisor", It Makes The Coin Dropping Into A Pay Phone Noise And Says "Connecting To OnStar Virtual Advisor" At This Point I Usually Hear One Or Two Beeps And Then It Connects And Tells Me Everything, But Last Night. It Just Kept Beeping And Beeping For Several Minutes Until I Disconnected The Call Manually By Pressing The Button On The Rear View Mirror.

Then I Tried Placing A Call From My TBSS With The OnStar To My Cell Phone. I Go Through The Whole Procees Again And All I Hear It The Beep Like Its Trying To Connect, But It Never Does.

So Then I Try To Call My TBSS OnStar Number And All I Hear Is "The Verizon Customer You Are Trying To Reach Is Unavalible, Please Try Again Later"

I've Also Tried Calling OnStar With The Emergency Button Too, And Nothing.

I Hoping A Few Of You GM Technician Can Tell Me What To Check And Where To Check It. I Am An Electrical Technician Myself And Would Have No Prblem Probing Around To See What Circuits Are Live When They Shouldn't Be. Or If Possible Some Way Of Re-Booting The OnStar System Itself. I Know It's All Located Under The Drivers Side Rear Seat, I Just Don't Know The Trouble Shooting Process.

All Professional Input Would Be Greatly Appriciated As I Wouldn't Want A GM Dealership Snooping Through The Electrical System Of My Truck Just To Have Them Come Back And Say My Warranty Is Now VOID Because Of All Of The Aftermarket Electrical I Have Done To My TBSS. The EFans, Meth Pump, Fuel Pump Voltage Booster, N2O System, WideBand, Boost And N2O Guages In My Pillar Pod. I Personally Know Non Of These Things Are Causing This Issue Because Everything Goes Dead With The Key Off Through Relays. i Made Sure Of That.

·
The one and only JJ
14,071 Posts
I don't know if my post will help you but I had some battery issues in the past and it was found out that my DRIVERS seat was still in "power mode" even when my SS was off. So when SS was off the seat was still juiced up.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Have A Feeling Some How, Some Way, Something Is Still Juiced Up, But I'm 99% Sure It's Something To Do With The OnStar System.

·
The one and only JJ
14,071 Posts
I believe they changed out Doworks onstar but in my case mine was fine it was determined that my drier seat was causing issues. No problem since then.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If It Was A Drivers Seat Issue Then My OnStar Should Be Functioning Properly. Any Of Our GM Tech's Out There Have Some Input?

Not The Type Of Input JJ Likes. :bum:

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't have onstar anymore
How Don't You Not Have OnStar Anymore? Did You Remove The Brain Or Just Did Not Continue The Service? Discontinuing The Service Still Leaves To Unit Powered Up And Working.

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
9,172 Posts
How Don't You Not Have OnStar Anymore? Did You Remove The Brain Or Just Did Not Continue The Service? Discontinuing The Service Still Leaves To Unit Powered Up And Working.
well yeah should have made that clear sorry i discontiuned the service, and is there a fuse or something one can take off to stop the power from flowing thru

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I Pulled Over And Pulled The OnStar Fuse Thinking It Might Reset The System. While The Fuse Was Out My Parriot BlueTooth Connection Ddin't Work, So I Re-Installed It. Upon Re-Installing The Fuse I Did See A Spark, I Guess It Was Drawing Some Serious Juice.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I Just Haven't Had The Time To Mess With It. I Should Pull The Fuse And Leave It For A Few Days To See What Happens. I Do Still Have A Problem With The OnStar Not Functioning Properly.

·
SS Fanatic
08 Trailblazer SS
250 Posts
I had the same problem with my battery draining within two days of being parked, I yanked out the On-Star fuse a few months back and have not had a problem since. I can sit for weeks and fire right up. my 2 :2cents:

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes, I Understand That Pulling The OnStar Fuse Will Eliminate My Power Drain Issue, ,But I Want My OnStar To Work Again. I Pay For It And Want It To Work. Does Anyone Know Of A Way To Reset Or Reboot It So It Will Work Again.

GM Tech's, Where Are Youz?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts