Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I recently got a 2007 1ss and just recently it started overheating. I drive it to and from work which is 30 minutes each. but for some reason when I go anywhere that's not work or around town it overheats. even if it's also 30 minutes. have any of yall had this issue before? I've already replaced the thermostat, did an oil change and replaced the sparl plugs and wires. the only thing with the plugs is that they looked fairly new so i couldn't tell if it's a head gasket or not. but yeah yall had this issue before? if so what fixed it, please lmk :')

· Registered
629 Posts
Two things.

1. are your fans working? No obstructions in from the condenser or radiator?
2. Bleeding the coolant system on these trucks seem to need the gift of rum to jobu, a little dance, and a prayer. The easy way is to crack open the steam tube on the top passenger front under the intake manifold till it sputters out and check coolant levels again.

· Registered
08 TrailblazerSS AWD
401 Posts
Two things.

1. are your fans working? No obstructions in from the condenser or radiator?
2. Bleeding the coolant system on these trucks seem to need the gift of rum to jobu, a little dance, and a prayer. The easy way is to crack open the steam tube on the top passenger front under the intake manifold till it sputters out and check coolant levels again.
It is very bad to steal Jobu’s rum….VERY BAD

· Registered
TrailblazerSS
2 Posts
so I recently got a 2007 1ss and just recently it started overheating. I drive it to and from work which is 30 minutes each. but for some reason when I go anywhere that's not work or around town it overheats. even if it's also 30 minutes. have any of yall had this issue before? I've already replaced the thermostat, did an oil change and replaced the sparl plugs and wires. the only thing with the plugs is that they looked fairly new so i couldn't tell if it's a head gasket or not. but yeah yall had this issue before? if so what fixed it, please lmk :')
Water pump was the cause of mine.

· Registered
TrailblazerSS
2 Posts
I was having same issue. After replacing radiator I still had issue. Replaced water pump and thermostat and that fixed my issue.

· Registered
Saab 9-7x
39 Posts
If your "Drive to work" is mostly highway and its fine , but it overheats during stop-n-go driving, it is usually and airflow related issue. Look for bad electric fans ( if you have them) or a bad mechanical fan clutch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts