Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From time to time the auto roll down feature on the front two windows do not work. Some days it works and other days you have to hold it down to roll the windows down completely.

Anyone else have this issue? Bad switches?

Truck is a 09 3SS.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2008 Trailblazer SS
22 Posts
I am having the same issues too. It usually happens to be on very cold mornings. But I would like to know the cause as well.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am having the same issues too. It usually happens to be on very cold mornings. But I would like to know the cause as well.
Funny you mention that because I thought it only occurred on very cold mornings as well... until one day it was snowing pretty hard and I pressed the button to just crack the window open and it ended up opening all the way and blew snow in the car.

Bad contacts? Weird issue for a car that's still pretty new.

·
Yes... I know I'm short
'07 TBSS 2WD
7,015 Posts
Interesting... sometimes my driver door switches will lose power, and it is random. Then I have to cut the truck off, put the key on accessory and then it will sometimes work. Sometimes I have to cut it off and wait a minute or so then it will let me. Really wierd sometimes...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
663 Posts
I have same problem acually have a video but can't post with my cell post when I get home

Sent from my MB501 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
663 Posts
For video go to youtube and type in tbss auto window failure ...

Sent from my MB501 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 AWD 3SS
947 Posts
Yeah mine did that too. They just replace my window regulator and motor (its one piece) under warranty for that issue.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah mine did that too. They just replace my window regulator and motor (its one piece) under warranty for that issue.
Good info, thanks.

I have a list of things to address at the dealership... kind of sucks to have all these small issues on a truck w/ under 10K miles... :(

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,012 Posts
Good info, thanks.

I have a list of things to address at the dealership... kind of sucks to have all these small issues on a truck w/ under 10K miles... :(
I've heard of transmissions failing and spun main bearings at that mileage. Just sayin.:yay2:
With that siad I have an 07 SS and my window doesn't want to roll up when really cold it goes down in the cold no problem though.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
449 Posts
My driver's side does that as well, my passenger's side doesn't do it, it just rolls up slower than hell.

·
Registered
2008 AWD 3SS
947 Posts
I've noticed my passenger side goes up hella slow since the new one they installed. I might make them replace that one also

·
Registered
2008 AWD 3SS
947 Posts
That would be the common problem. I didn't watch the video but that's what mine did

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Brought the truck in today and the drivers side window issue was because of a bad switch. The part was replaced with Part #25867000.

So far the drivers window works as it should. The passenger side is working fine at the moment. If it acts up I'll ask them to replace that side as well.

·
Registered
2008 AWD 3SS
947 Posts
They are doing my passenger side Monday. It's 100% slower then my driver side now

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
546 Posts
i have had my regulators replaced 2x now, the passenger has had a total of 3 new ones in it and the drivers has had 2! And I'm currently having the same issue now as well (again)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts