Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
SUVs shouldn't be lowered
2007 TBSS
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since the dealer broke my door panels and are saying it was me, I have to buy new ones. Since I have to buy new ones I'd like to get better ones. Does anyone know if the Saab panels will swap?

·
Premium Member
06 black awd tbss
5,953 Posts
I wouldn't see why they wouldn't, but I doubt they'll line up with the dash being the dash is different as well.

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
They look different........The SS dash looks deeper than the Saab...so the indentation for the dash that is in the door will not line up, and the SS dash will hit the Saab door panel...

·
2007 TBSS
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They look different........The SS dash looks deeper than the Saab...so the indentation for the dash that is in the door will not line up, and the SS dash will hit the Saab door panel...
That's what I thought when I looked at the Saab piece too at first. It looks like the arm rest extends further on the Saab panel than on the Trailblazer panel so it gives that illusion that the Trailblazer dash is deeper. I can't be sure one way or the other from the pictures. I guess I'll try to find one at a dealer and take a tape measurer to it.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,043 Posts
That's what I thought when I looked at the Saab piece too at first. It looks like the arm rest extends further on the Saab panel than on the Trailblazer panel so it gives that illusion that the Trailblazer dash is deeper. I can't be sure one way or the other from the pictures. I guess I'll try to find one at a dealer and take a tape measurer to it.
did you find out if the door panals would swap out?

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
Just by looking at your pics I would say they definitely WOULD fit.

While the saab armrest extends out more, the indentation in the front of the panel for the dash is identical on both.

·
2007 TBSS
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea I checked with the dealer and they said the would fit as well. I'm just waiting on the right ones to come across ebay. It looks like the Saab ones go for $50ea while the Envoy ones go for $25ea.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,043 Posts
anyone done 9-7x seats in a TBSS? are the plugs for electrical the same? I'm thinking about doing a 9-7x interior in a 1ss TBSS...minus the center console/dash

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Good info guys, thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts