Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, are you guys interested in hand held tuners with our tuning on it? The advantage would be you can quickly go back to stock, flash different tunes, datalog, etc. It looks like it will add $300 to the price right off the bat. It will not be editable by the consumer (unlike if the customer bought hptuners and did email tuning with us)

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,747 Posts
Like "preloaded" tunes?

Or preloaded for specific mods?
Will it work with other tuning sofware?
Complete code clear-even hard codes, unlike the dash hawk?
Will the scanner work with CAN style only-or old style (ex. 2000 Grand Prix)?

Sorry-kinda interested-as I get tired of carring the laptop.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
I'd need some more details on what I'd have to do with the thing. A few years back Trifecta was using Ipaqs with Bryan Herter tunes, so there was no down time and no swapping PCMs, it was pretty convenient. Especially with us needing something to do a case learn it would be nice to have a hand held with a better tune, but if we can't tinker with it I wouldn't pay $300 extra. I'd be willing to pay a few bucks extra and ship it back to you instead of loaning a Dashhawk and a PCM.

·
Premium Member
2008 TB SS AWD 3SS
3,288 Posts
Alvin I assume you're talking about an AutoCal (or does HPT have their deal out yet?), its great but for most people they dont want to pay the extra $$. Wish the AC units werent so pricey, but the hardware is custom so EFILive (and/or HPT) can charge what they want.

Only downfall is their 8 VIN limit, means unless you can find 1 of 8 people that want to buy it then you'll be stuck with a bunch of AC units that cant be used on other cars/trucks.

But Im all about options, if you guys want to do it Id recommend it as another option to the Dashhawk and another set of computers (like 350 said).

BTW guys, the nice thing about the AC units is you have the full blown EFILive datalogger for unlimited vehicles plus you can still read out other cars/trucks. If you dont want to fork over the $$ yourself, try to find a few other guys that PCM4Less makes tunes for and then all of you just buy 1 AC unit and share it.

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Wait4me does it this way, and peeps seem to like it.

Personally, I like the HPTuners better, but I understand it's quite an expensive investment if you're only doing the one vehicle.

·
Registered
2008 Saab 97x Aero
906 Posts
It basically is 4-5 tunes on a handheld... nelson performance and a couple other places have done it with the diablo sport... He can add tunes to the diablo sport so ur basically getting the handheld programs and a custom tune or two... Later down the road he stared to just load the extravtune on the tow haul button of trucks... There are few who still have that done but he really doesnt do itvalot anymore... The handheld is a good thought tho big time... Way more convient

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,887 Posts
On my Titan we had software that allowed us to load 3-5 switchable maps via the cruis control buttons on the steering wheel. If we cant have an option like that, then a handheld with 3-5 maps and the ability to datalog is the next best thing.

·
Registered
2008 Saab 97x Aero
906 Posts
I agree if thats what your looking for and in most cases 99/100 a handheld is better... For most ppl just cause they arent looking to go balls to the wall so a couple different tunes that are loadable whenever is good idea... Def will sell I say go for it!:yay2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.