Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

221 - 232 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #223 ·
Enthused Customer!

Listen to what this customer has to say about his Peak Speed Shop Radical ported intake manifold on his 4.8L Silverado....

“I got my intake put on, wow what a difference. I don’t have a dyno test but I do have a Diablo Trinity programmer so I’ve always done logs after every mod on my truck. Well the most grams per sec of air its ever logged was 230g/s and a soon as I put this intake on I logged it and it showed 240g/s. That’s a big difference. I could even hear it, it sounded like it was sucking a lot more air.”

Several days later….

“Hey bob, after the tune we got it up to 242g/s. That’s a big improvement. Also before I put the intake on my best 0-60 was 7.9. Now after the intake and the new tune, I’m sitting at 7.68. That’s damn good. Thanks a lot bob. I really appreciate it.”

Lon – Pineville, LA – TBSS Truck Intake Manifold Radical Ported for 2010 4.8L Silverado with full bolt-ons, exhaust and custom tune.

·
Registered
'06 Black AWD TBSS
953 Posts
TBSS Intake Manifold Radically Ported + Throttle Body Ported by Peak Speed Shop
Dyno-tune results provided by MadTunes Racing - Oak Grove, LA

"As far as performance, it is definitely a noticable difference. It should easily pick up .2 in the 1/4 and in my opinion is worth the money! " Adam - West Monroe, LA

Stock 2006 Trailblazer SS with cat back exhaust. A tune was done prior to the "before" results to factor out the effects of just tuning the stock setup. Dyno was before/after test on ported intake and throttle body only.
9.12 Gain in Peak RWHP
11.25 Gain in Peak RWTQ

Gains were seen throughout the power curve with points in the curve seeing as high as:
13 Gain in RWHP
20 Gain in RWTQ

Note: Vehicles with head and cam mods should see even better results.
I'm no expert and certainly could be missing something, but isn't this a representation of what the gains are on a "relatively stock" TBSS?

Stock '06 TBSS with just a cat-back exhaust and tune then added their ported TB and manifold?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
"The whole experience was....AMAZING!"

Listen to what this recent customer had to say about Peak Speed Shop....

“Amazing communications , amazing turnaround time and amazing product. The whole expirience was.....AMAZING!!! I will highly recommend your work to friends and fellow gear heads as well as use you again for my next project. Thanks...Stan.”
Stan - North Richland Hills, TX

221 - 232 of 232 Posts