Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
needs to lower
07Trailblazer SS
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I installed a new dmh electric cutout today and it sounds great. Problem is that I had the dash apart wiring in the switch and when I went out tonight some of my radio buttons don't light up. Anyone esle have this happen after messing aroung behind the dash? I hit the side of the radio and 2 of the lights came back on :biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Never had that.. When I had a short it popped one of my huge 40 amp fuses. I hope you like it. I love being able go open n close it. Mines always open since it wont seal all the way and rattles like a mofo!

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS 2WD
303 Posts
Never had that.. When I had a short it popped one of my huge 40 amp fuses. I hope you like it. I love being able go open n close it. Mines always open since it wont seal all the way and rattles like a mofo!
is yours the dmh?

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
is yours the dmh?
Yes. I tried to email them but nothing. My dad gets pissed cause when it's closed it sounds like a rattle box, fallen apart station wagon on steroids. So I just leave it open. I email DMH about it but no responce.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Im wanting to put mine on.. You had to put a new muffler on right? There is no where to put the cutout with the stock setup
Yes there is. I had mine on with stock cat back. Just cut out a section tight before the muffler. If u have cats than than it won't bs as loud. Cats act a muffler also. If u cut the cats than it will bs 5x louder.. Ghicks99 has a cutout n it was open n it sounded like a louder catback lol

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
I've re wired it. It just doesn't seal

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
93 Posts
Yes there is. I had mine on with stock cat back. Just cut out a section tight before the muffler. If u have cats than than it won't bs as loud. Cats act a muffler also. If u cut the cats than it will bs 5x louder.. Ghicks99 has a cutout n it was open n it sounded like a louder catback lol
You got a pic of that? I got under there and measured and have like 6 " if i went tight to the muffler.. The cutout is 10"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.