Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Had My New High Performance Braided Stainless Brake Lines From 'Evil SS 2006" Installed Yesterday And All I Can Say Is WOW. They Were Installed And The Whole System Flushed With DOT4, As Per Stevens Recommendation, And I Can Totally Feel A Night And Day Difference.

Not Only Was My Pedal Smooshy But If I Was Stopped At A Light With My Foot On The Pedel I Would Roll. I Would Even Have To Pump The Pedal As I Idled In Gear Or Even Throw It Into Neutral To Stay Stopped.

Now, As I Was Leaving My Mechanics Shop And Rolling Out Of His Driveway I Almost Ate Steering Wheel. I Hit The Pedal The Way I Normally Do And It Stopped Short Instantly When The Pedal Hit The Half Way Point.

On Road At Speed I Did The Same Thing. I Hit The Pedal The Way I'm Used To And Slid Right Off The Seat And Almost it My Knees Into The Dashboard.

The Pedal Feels Amazing And I Now Come To A Full Stop With Half The Pressure I Used To Apply.

Thanks To Steven For All The R&D. Definately One Of My Favorite, Inexpense, Best Performing Mods I've Done By Far.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,893 Posts
maybe i'm not too familiar with how stainless lines work, but i find it hard to believe such a drastic change was JUST from the liens.

sounds like you had old fluid/air in lines too.

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,480 Posts
ive always ran SS lines on most the cars ive owned - being all cars have rubber hoses that do expanded when braking , the SS lines do not do this so you have a tighter pedal with better holding power.

without a doubt, SS lines improve brakes 100% over stock hoses.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
403 Posts
ive always ran SS lines on most the cars ive owned - being all cars have rubber hoses that do expanded when braking , the SS lines do not do this so you have a tighter pedal with better holding power.

without a doubt, SS lines improve brakes 100% over stock hoses.
agreed... i had great improvement with my B-Body

·
Premium Member
06 TBSS
1,499 Posts
The fluid makes a huge difference alone. I'm a big fan of ATE blue brake fluid. Has a higher boiling point. Stainless lines could only make things better.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Pedal Was Smooshy From The Day I Drove It Off The Showroom Floor. I Even Had The Dealership Look Into It For Me Once And They Told Me It Was Normal.

I Had The Dealer Add The GM Functional Front Brake Ducts That Funnel Air To My Front Rotors And Any Trailer I've Towed Always Had Its Own Braking System, So I Never Taxed The Factory Brakes. Even When I Replaced The Pads My Pedal Never Felt Any Better.

I Don't Know How Much Of A Difference It Made That I Also Upgraded To DOT 4 Barke Fuild. I Don't Get Anything For Saying How Great These Stainless Steel Brake Lines Performed, I'm Just Sharing My Personal Experiance With Them.

My Pedal Feels 200% Better.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Very cool! Are these still being produced?
I am currently trying to get the next group buy organized...

http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55985

maybe i'm not too familiar with how stainless lines work, but i find it hard to believe such a drastic change was JUST from the liens.

It isn't very hard to believe at all...the 4-layer Teflon/Kevlar/Elastomer Moisture Barrier/Stainless Braid system has no opportunity to bulge or deflect the brake pressure to the calipers, so it will absolutely improve pedal response and brake performance astronomically!

My Pedal Was Smooshy From The Day I Drove It Off The Showroom Floor. I Even Had The Dealership Look Into It For Me Once And They Told Me It Was Normal.

I Had The Dealer Add The GM Functional Front Brake Ducts That Funnel Air To My Front Rotors And Any Trailer I've Towed Always Had Its Own Braking System, So I Never Taxed The Factory Brakes. Even When I Replaced The Pads My Pedal Never Felt Any Better.

I Don't Know How Much Of A Difference It Made That I Also Upgraded To DOT 4 Barke Fuild. I Don't Get Anything For Saying How Great These Stainless Steel Brake Lines Performed, I'm Just Sharing My Personal Experiance With Them.

My Pedal Feels 200% Better.
Thanks for the kind works, Vinny!:cheers1:

·
Thug Esquire
SAAB 9-7x Aero
1,740 Posts

I'm with you on that - it sounds like something was wrong to begin with! Flushing brakes lines makes a hell of a difference on its own!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts