Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driver side was 32.75, passenger side was 32.

Installed the a-arms and drop struts with one 8mm spacer only, drove it around a couple miles.

Now driver side is 34.75, passenger is 34.25.

Not happy.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well upon some digging, I found out that Belltech's instructions are wrong and show to install the lower collar opposite of the way you need to in actuality. Good to know now that I WASTED all that time on the install just to have to take it apart again.

In this thread you will see Tony giving this warning, but was I told when I ordered? NO. Was I told after asking for a how-to link? NO. Was there a warning sheet included in the shipment from him that the instructions were wrong. NO. Pretty piss poor if you ask me.

http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1086042#post1086042

·
=ЯΛWSSUM=
TrailblazerSS
1,137 Posts
Take it easy... was damage done? Take a cold one mann:burp:

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
U can off road now!... J.k shit happens I hope u get it all worked

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
Well upon some digging, I found out that Belltech's instructions are wrong and show to install the lower collar opposite of the way you need to in actuality. Good to know now that I WASTED all that time on the install just to have to take it apart again.

In this thread you will see Tony giving this warning, but was I told when I ordered? NO. Was I told after asking for a how-to link? NO. Was there a warning sheet included in the shipment from him that the instructions were wrong. NO. Pretty piss poor if you ask me.

http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1086042#post1086042
Wow.....Easy there tonto.
IMO, Ive installed them and if you cant look at the parts and figure it out, I question whether you should be installing them at all.

And "ALL THAT TIME"? It takes like under 1hour to do both sides....You werent oout much time for sure.

Take it easy man.....Looks like you found what you were looking for, after researching.....Maybe next time, start with the research first then attempt the project.

Just a thought.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
Take it easy man.....Looks like you found what you were looking for, after researching.....Maybe next time, start with the research first then attempt the project.

Just a thought.
:iamwithstupid::iamwithstupid:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Wow.....Easy there tonto.
IMO, Ive installed them and if you cant look at the parts and figure it out, I question whether you should be installing them at all.

And "ALL THAT TIME"? It takes like under 1hour to do both sides....You werent oout much time for sure.

Just a thought.
I did research, requested a link to a how-to, and read the instructions even!

Ive built and tuned a 700whp drag Talon all by myself including the built motor, pretty sure I have plenty of knowlege. My father owned his own repair shop for 40 years, maybe that teaches you a think or two. Ive even put an LS1 into a Mustang.

I put them together exactly as the instructions showed, this is not my fault nor installer error.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
U can off road now!... J.k shit happens I hope u get it all worked
Thank you sir, Ill get it flipped over today sometime.

·
Just a noob
TrailblazerSS
6,206 Posts
sucks man. but going aftermarket always has some shit to go wrong. but i always do a ton of research before i do it. i spend more time researching then it takes to really do it. lol

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
I did research, requested a link to a how-to, and read the instructions even!

Ive built and tuned a 700whp drag Talon all by myself including the built motor, pretty sure I have plenty of knowlege. My father owned his own repair shop for 40 years, maybe that teaches you a think or two. Ive even put an LS1 into a Mustang.

I put them together exactly as the instructions showed, this is not my fault nor installer error.
I dont care what you built....You obviously didnt search enough as you came up with a thread after there was a problem.....so you didnt do your research "ENOUGH".
Regardless, it wasnt some major catastrophe, you lost a couple hours....Fix it and move on.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
18,856 Posts

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
You do realize these are lowering "AND" Lift Struts right......Does the instriuctions say it was for one of those specifically? I dont remember, I just know your not the first guy to install the base flipped the wrong way, so dont sweat it.
I've only seen pictures of this, and I know EXACTLY what was done wrong!! :rofl: Sry.....

·
Registered
212 Posts
ForceFed lol why so harsh? Too much caffeine?

The man is rightfully ticked off, let him vent a bit.

As stated, all's well that ends well, it didn't do any damage except cost man hours. And since iownedu does his own work, it didn't cost him money paying a repair shop to do it twice.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,681 Posts
Its ok brother its not your fault. I did the same thing, i did research and had it done within an hour but it was all jacked up. I read the instructions and was like wtf! So i called Tony and he told me to flip the arm around and it was fine, he said that it was because the way the instructions were written. He said that only some of the instructions were like that so you and i got the same. I just let the suspension drop and loosened the strut and and popped the arm off and flipped it in about 20 mins. Frustrating yes but all is good.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
751 Posts
I had the same problem. They were tight going in but didnt think much about it. Let it off the jack and was like WTF???? That aint going to settle!!!

Took a total of 20 minutes to swap it around the right way..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts