Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather is around 80 degrees outside and when driving the truck on the highway it reached close to 190 on the transmission temperature. I read that the most people saw after the cooler was 170. I assumed mine would be close to 170 or lower but in city driving it gets close to 200 degrees in trans temp. Is something wrong or am I just over thinking it? I never really monitored the temperature before but I assume it was usually close to 200 without the external cooler.

Any info is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then your temperatures are high, I see the same temperatures with a 2800 stall, mane you need a fan it will cool it about 10 degrees.
Do you have the fan? And I'm going to double check everything before I go ahead and get a fan. Thanks for the help. I knew the temps seemed too high..

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
In city traffic and summer weather the trans temp will eventually climb close to the coolant temp. If there's no or limited air flowing across the trans cooler, you will not see temps drop. What you're seeing is fairly normal. When you see temps climbing over 200 it's probably a good idea to not engage in a lot of "spirited" driving until it cools off though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JDiaz23SS
1 - 6 of 6 Posts