Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have this issue?

It is on both sides in the same place. It looks like bird shit (literally) and when I clean it, it comes back.

WTF?

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
Our window trim is a fucking joke that is for sure

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that mold or mildew?
Not sure, could be. All I know is I clean it off and it will come back. It's just funny that both rear doors have the exact same thing in the exact same place. I don't want to use something to strong to clean it up, not sure how it will affect seal or felt.

·
Premium Member
07,09 -3SS- Blk,Slv
5,400 Posts
Not sure, could be. All I know is I clean it off and it will come back. It's just funny that both rear doors have the exact same thing in the exact same place. I don't want to use something to strong to clean it up, not sure how it will affect seal or felt.
If you can clean it off and then it comes back, it sounds like mold or mildew. Maybe Dylan has some suggestion on how to clean it without damaging it. Maybe shoot him a PM with a link to this thread?

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you can clean it off and then it comes back, it sounds like mold or mildew. Maybe Dylan has some suggestion on how to clean it without damaging it. Maybe shoot him a PM with a link to this thread?
I will do that.

thats odd as shit.. never have seen that before...

does it only show up after washing the truck? or going through a car wash?... what does it smell like?...

could be something as simple as car wash soap residue that is getting in the door channel some how and just sitting there and drying...
Hard to tell, just notice when I go in the backseat, which isn't very much. Not sure how long it takes or if a car wash does it, I will have to pay more attention to it. Also, no smell.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
If you clean it and its coming back it is mold and I'd pull every inch of trim and clean the hell out of it with alcohol before reinstalling. The last thing you want is the cabin of your truck full of mold spores while you're in it.

·
Premium Member
black 2006 tbss
1,064 Posts
If you clean it and its coming back it is mold and I'd pull every inch of trim and clean the hell out of it with alcohol before reinstalling. The last thing you want is the cabin of your truck full of mold spores while you're in it.
What he said! Mold is no joke you can get very ill from it. I should check my too.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, I will look into doing this.

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update, I cleaned what you see in the picture and it came back. How hard is it to get behind there and really clean it out? Does it just pull apart (clips), do I have to remove the inside door skin. Hopefully it is easy, would really like to clean so it doesn't come back. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
What did you clean it with? Maybe try going very generously with rubbing alcohol?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts