Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Trailblazer SS
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm really new here but can't find any information anywhere else so I figured I'd give it a shot here. But what my problem is, is that I recently got new tires and after 2 months or so I've noticed that the inside 1/4 of the tread is wearing out very fast and I got to examining everything and noticed my camber looks bad off. But the problem is that I can't figure out how to adjust camber or if there is even an adjustment for it. I've checked everything as far as ball joints, control arms, etc. But can't seem to figure out how to adjust the camber at all. So any help would be appreciated. Also it's an 07 tbss.

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,596 Posts
Is it lowered? If so, how far? What size tires?

·
Registered
'07 TbSS 3ss
259 Posts
I would triple-check the control arm bushings. Can't imagine anyone would set it like that intentionally. Grab the top of the tire and push-pull very hard. Do you hear any "clunk" when you turn or hit bumps?

·
Registered
'07 TbSS 3ss
259 Posts
Also when my upper control arm bushings wore out it developed a shake in the steering wheel as well as inside tire wear.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Toe toe toe. That is the killer of tires. Camber over -3 can do it too quickly. Under -3 and itll take a few thousand miles

both camber, tow and caster are adjustable with 3 bolts two rearward and one forward that hold the control arms into the frame. A special alignment tool is available to make the job easier.

My recommendation is take it in for an alignment and check for worn components.

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
47 Posts
So I'm really new here but can't find any information anywhere else so I figured I'd give it a shot here. But what my problem is, is that I recently got new tires and after 2 months or so I've noticed that the inside 1/4 of the tread is wearing out very fast and I got to examining everything and noticed my camber looks bad off. But the problem is that I can't figure out how to adjust camber or if there is even an adjustment for it. I've checked everything as far as ball joints, control arms, etc. But can't seem to figure out how to adjust the camber at all. So any help would be appreciated. Also it's an 07 tbss.
Its the control arm bushings. Replacing the upper and lower control arms as complete units is the best bet. Couldnt feel nothing when I checked them on my truck. Once they hydroplaned me a whole lane over lucky nobody next to me, I decided to replace them. Big difference. If your sure yours are super good,get alignment checked. I replaced mine and put back where the old ones were and alignment was almost right there. I ruined true winter grade tires to learn this lesson.

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
47 Posts
If you have to adjust camber do as Mitch says. You have to loosen those bolts on lower control arm. You need to move lower control arm evenly in toward middle of car to correct your problem. Some times they are hard to move. Need prybar, tool whatever Big bertha, hit it in with hammer and steel bar. Youll see. Just take to shop, your just guessing

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
21 Posts
Gearhead Gave you Solid Info, Toe in/out usually accounts for about 60% of Irregular Tire wire. Camber issues will normally show up as slow Irregular Tire wear. Find a Good reputable Shop that Specialize in front end work and Alignments which is easier said than done now days, Knowledge is power, Educate yourself on basic front end alignment and what it is there are plenty of resources on the interweb, I have been a Heavy Truck Technician for 30 years front end alignment has always been presented as this mystique of being some kind of black magic that only few can do, which is BS just educate yourself on the basics that will help you keep Honest Shops Honest. Also worn out front end parts will cause alignment specs to be out which will in turn cause irregular tire wear

1 - 8 of 8 Posts