Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

Inner fender well cleanup

8K views 45 replies 23 participants last post by  MadMax 
#1 ·
Anyone have any good tips to make the plastic inner fender wells look nice again? I always try to keep mine nice but I think the road hash has taken its toll.

I think I can buy the fronts for 60 or 70 bucks and might do that but was curious if anyone has had any luck with compound or anything.

#8 ·
I decided I am going to start new again and will try the chemicals mentioned above for upkeep. Can buy both inner fenders new (GM brand) shipped off Amazon for little over $110. Both my rubber flaps attached to them are brittle and broke when I moved them anyway.

So just ordered new and wont have to do any clean up for a while.

#13 ·
They fit fine. All the clip holes lined up. I'm sir there was some shipping but it wasn't much

#24 ·
Reactions: TXBlazer
#20 ·
Well I have 4 new fender wells now that should only get fairweather driving. So will use undercarriage spray from now on. Mine were clean originals but had road abrasion on no matter what I used it showed.

You can buy gm liners for front for about $50.

Tapatalk- Sent via my phone. Mispellings likely

#33 ·
#28 ·
Tried the Adams undercarriage today when I put my inner fender liners back in. Cant say I am really impressed with it.

Looked fair to start. Let it sit a couple hours and drove it to my parents to take care of the dog and drove back. About 1 mile trip and totally dust covered. The rears which have not been touched look fine.

Smells nice. Is hell on concrete like Adams mentioned in video and seems to attract dust like crazy.

I might try the VRT and see how it does. Or nothing at all for now as my liners are all new.

#31 · (Edited)
Undercarriage Spray is just going to attract dust. It fine for an older chassis, but it's terrible in plastic wheel liners. What I have always done is scrub with some form of All Purpose Cleaner, I prefer Optimum Power Clear, let them dry and then apply SVRT with the foam block applicators. Once it dries, it usually doesn't attract much dust, doesn't drip, and doesn't stink to high heaven like UC Spray. And the SVRT can take a bit of moisture abuse where as the UC Spray will just discolor and run.

You can also dilute SVRT with some water, shake it REALLY well, and spray it as a spray application. You'll have to figure out the ratio that works for you, but it works for areas that don't lend themselves well to applying with a traditional applicator.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.