Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 SS with 48,000. I have taken great care of the vehicle from day one. Last month the air suspension has stopped leveling. The air compressor would come on and the air bags would not inflate. I had to bring it to Chevy since it was completely bottomed out. They said it was the leveling arms and replaced them. Very expensive repair. A week later it was leveling uneven and has completely stopped working again. Chevy now thinks it is the switch but states that the part is discontinued and can't be located. I have read several informative posts but haven't found one where the switch was replaced.....if that is really the problem. Anyone know where I can get the part or any other suggestion? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Good to see a Lady among us but don't care for the name cause it was my Ex's name! Anyway nobody has answered you but you are better off not spending any money on that Air Bag system. Contact Tony on here at the Store and get his Coil springs for the rear and throw away those bags. I do believe that most people will tell you the same thing.
BTW, welcome to the site and we are glad to have you in a TBSS.

Reactions: KA47

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the response....sorry I have the same name as your ex, lol! The dealer still has the TBSS, trying to locate a switch. I just spend 900 on the levelers. I guess that is the best option, now to find someone to do it. Too much of a task for me. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
I’ll add another vote for the spring swap. The rear air bags were a terrible design from day 1 and will cause issues forever. They will also never stay level. That dealer sounds like a crook. See if there are any local members that might be able to assist or recommend a better shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
19 Posts
Good to see a Lady among us but don't care for the name cause it was my Ex's name! Anyway nobody has answered you but you are better off not spending any money on that Air Bag system. Contact Tony on here at the Store and get his Coil springs for the rear and throw away those bags. I do believe that most people will tell you the same thing.
BTW, welcome to the site and we are glad to have you in a TBSS.
Hey, another lady here 🥰 I'm dealing with my 2nd compressor with an "internal malfunction", if I swap out the air ride system will I have dash lights on because it thinks there's an issue?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
237 Posts
You can get a kit from Rockauto. It includes rear springs and shocks. It's about $280.
Rockauto part number WESTAR CK7626WS {CK-7626WS} Incl. Rear Springs & Shocks; Sold In Pairs. I put this kit on my SS and it was easy to install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts