Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to get to into the 12s, trying to figure out wat might be needed to do to get there.
Currently at 13.26 with a 1.90 60' have adm 4in intake, full exhaust, ptb3600, tune, efans, and ported tb. Run was at full weight and full tank of gas.

Would a ported Intake mani, 275/45 Parada spec-x's (2lbs lighter than stock rsa's) then up the tire psi, and run less gas be enough to scrape into the 12s? Or do I even need the ported intake?
I would like to be able to do it full weight but if its not feasible I will take the back seats out.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,502 Posts
Im trying to get to into the 12s, trying to figure out wat might be needed to do to get there.
Currently at 13.26 with a 1.90 60' have adm 4in intake, full exhaust, ptb3600, tune, efans, and ported tb. Run was at full weight and full tank of gas.

Would a ported Intake mani, 275/45 Parada spec-x's (2lbs lighter than stock rsa's) then up the tire psi, and run less gas be enough to scrape into the 12s? Or do I even need the ported intake?
I would like to be able to do it full weight but if its not feasible I will take the back seats out.

Thanks.

Weight is easiest and cheapest. Start with 1/3 tank next time and pull the spare, jack, backseats and passenger seat. Run your 12 and then install the interior back in. Otherwise just try and find an amazing DA day. Last time you ran wasn't bad ~ +500 I think.

I don't think a ported intake is going to offer much bang for the buck on a bolt on truck.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
Work on that 60' and you will be most of the way there. After that I would look at doing a LS2portworks intake. They are proven performers and will be a good building block on any future modification.

·
Just Win Baby!
06 BLK SS RWD
2,635 Posts
OK Matt, I assumed he could still pull off 1.8s being all four tires are getting him going. Going to the track this thurs with new DRs what 60' times do you think I can pull?

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
best 60 was 1.89 i couldnt find the sweet spot in launching race weight with me was around 4920ish.
i'll do the backseat, jack, spare, and less gas but taking out the passenger seat isnt something i want to do.

i figured the ported intake would be a decent gain and might be enough to push me over the edge

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,502 Posts
best 60 was 1.89 i couldnt find the sweet spot in launching race weight with me was around 4920ish.
i'll do the backseat, jack, spare, and less gas but taking out the passenger seat isnt something i want to do.

i figured the ported intake would be a decent gain and might be enough to push me over the edge
The intake is a good foundation for future mods like cam/heads but I doubt it will get you more the 8-10 hp if you were to just install it and tweak the tune. Weight and DA will make a bigger difference.

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
get DR's i was at a solid 13.18-13.2 put on some 245/45/17's in the rear and boom 12.94

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts

the pass seat i thought would be a pain... its not it takes 5 min to do. its only 3 nuts and a bolt and discconect the easy snap plugs WAALAAA your done bye bye 90-100 pounds

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya but im still gonna be down 200lbs from last time with no back seat and less gas, if i dont get 12s then i guess i'll try no passenger seat.
would a 4in fenderwell intake be worth the money over my 4in adm intake or am i better off with the ported intake mani?

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,502 Posts
ya but im still gonna be down 200lbs from last time with no back seat and less gas, if i dont get 12s then i guess i'll try no passenger seat.
would a 4in fenderwell intake be worth the money over my 4in adm intake or am i better off with the ported intake mani?
A fenderwell intake would be my next move after getting weight out.

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
A fenderwell intake would be my next move after getting weight out.
:iamwithstupid: and make sure that you get that LS7 MAF ... that like will make you :jawdrop:

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
from what i have herd is that with the LS7 MAF it open's up a whole new ball game with tunning.

·
Premium Member
06 TBSS
1,499 Posts
17" drs aren't needed nor is an expensive ported intake mani. Work on your driving and pull the spare, jack, and back seats. The truck will behave completely different. I almost left my seats out after the first time I removed them. What tires are you running?

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
17" drs aren't needed nor is an expensive ported intake mani. Work on your driving and pull the spare, jack, and back seats. The truck will behave completely different. I almost left my seats out after the first time I removed them. What tires are you running?
oem rsa's 40k miles on them and runs were with like 32-34psi in them.
i really need to find the sweet spot in launching it, going to try 1000rpms next time

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
i saw i guy that was stock stall stalling to high and his wheels were spinning slowly in the rear till he let off the break lol

1 - 20 of 37 Posts