·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
black 2006 tbss
1,064 Posts
There's a truck being parted out in another thread I would see if the bumper is still available

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It already got sold :( It was the right color too! All they have left is the metal part under the bumper, I guess the proper term for what I need is bumper cover or bumper fascia?

Thanks though!

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
keystone usually gets blem bumpers from gm, and fixes them. It could be something like it was scraped and they filled it and primed it. If you get an aftermarket bumper try to get a capa certified one.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
I've never looked. I just know that there is a big quality diff between a cheep one a capa cert one. I learned the hard way rebuilding salvaged cars.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am in southeast Georgia, yeah they quoted me about 560ish shipped and unpainted here.

Where are you located? I've considered selling my bumper, I have to rear ones. It's perfect though, I'm not giving it away. Things are like $550 unpainted.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, thats what I am trying to stay away from, it would bother me if it didnt fit right or it looked cheap, etc. I will be sure to steer clear of the keystone stuff.

keystone usually gets blem bumpers from gm, and fixes them. It could be something like it was scraped and they filled it and primed it. If you get an aftermarket bumper try to get a capa certified one.

·
can i haz bondo?
TrailblazerSS
400 Posts
keystone bumpers and all their after market parts are capa certified, but that doesnt mean shit, its still a after birth part, the headlight tail lights, fit like crap!!!
headlight mount panles fit like crap as well, and the fender liners, oh good god what junk!!! it almost comes to us falt, holes in the wrong spot, and i always have to reshape them with heat

the bumpers from keystone are oem bumpers but just fixed, and primed and sent out, i`d say 9 out of 10 fit good, but then some of them just fit like crap, and or are damaged in delivery

guess what all the insurance companies minus state farm use keystone bumpers and their afterbirth parts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, thats some good info...I think I am going to stay away from the keystone stuff.

keystone bumpers and all their after market parts are capa certified, but that doesnt mean shit, its still a after birth part, the headlight tail lights, fit like crap!!!
headlight mount panles fit like crap as well, and the fender liners, oh good god what junk!!! it almost comes to us falt, holes in the wrong spot, and i always have to reshape them with heat

the bumpers from keystone are oem bumpers but just fixed, and primed and sent out, i`d say 9 out of 10 fit good, but then some of them just fit like crap, and or are damaged in delivery

guess what all the insurance companies minus state farm use keystone bumpers and their afterbirth parts

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Have you checked with Salvage yards? Can usually get one for about half price but will probably have to paint. At least they will be GM and won't have fit problems. I bought a used GM rear bumper off Ebay about a year ago and was pleased.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts