Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, what would be your first group of mods if you had a brand new tbss and you had 2k sitting in your bank account screaming at you? Would you do some appearance mods and a couple of bolt ons? Or would you go straight for the engine, transmission, and suspension? Let me know what you guys think.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Invest in a built trans and stall. After that the skys really the limit.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
379 Posts
Maybe start w/ some of the PCMforLess packages +efans(tune, trans cooler, intakes, etc.)and headers. Perhaps a R1 brake pkg and paint them up after that if you haven't spent it all.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
If i had 2g's to blow on my SS, I would get efans, stall, and a tune for sure. If I had some money left id buy the front lowering kit and adjust the bags out back to drop it down.:2cents:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I'm really one of those people that can't stand a stock looking vehicle. Also, I haven't had my 402 camaro in almost 2 yrs and I'm really dying to get some real power again. Do you guys really think that pcmsforless has the best deals for this stuff? or should I piece it together from other different venders?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
379 Posts
I have dealt w/ them for years w/ my TBSS for over a yr and previoulsy my '96 Impala SS that I had retuned several times and they were w/in 2hp of the dyno I was going for #s on so that was pleasing.

·
secret squirrel
TrailblazerSS
1,280 Posts
tune package and a cam. that will get your power back you wanna feel. then get the stall and freshen up the trans.:burp:

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
depending on how many miles you have on it
front modified uppers
front belltech drop struts
rear belltech shocks

$695 then rest on

intake/tune/efans/crank pulley/replace main muffler with magnaflow 4x9x14

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS 2wd
2,804 Posts
^What HiHoSilver said.
Efans, definitely a stall, CAI, and tune. Should have enough left to drop it a couple inches.
Yep, this is where I would start!! If you could squeeze a trans cooler, then do it cause of the stall if you plan on taking her to the track.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
tune intake efans, obx headers(495shipped), stall(278mm$350)

if your 2wd that should get you in the 12's in a SUV!

then save for built and a nice Yank 3600 converter

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok. the consensus seems to be on go fast parts. You guys are really right down my alley. All my other cars have been manual transmissions so I'm going to have to do some research on the stall since just about everybody said that as a first. I've read though that the transmissions in these trucks are kinda sketch. Should I worry about it failing after the stall? My SS is a 07 with 50k on it. E-fans seems to be popular also. Really that big of a difference? Thanks again, I'm starting to get into this forum stuff. It's like having a whole library of intelligent information at your fingertips. And it's all just about one thing..... going fast!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
Beef up the trans ASAP! Even if its just a trans cooler. Its cheap(er) insurance instead of waiting til it blows.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
ls1 efans are cheap(80-100$ebay) then get a wiring harness from a vendor on here for about 150.. youll free up about 10-12whp and i gained over +1mpg..

i would not get a stall without a transcooler so you should definitely add that into the budget if you want a stall.. if youre worried about the trans and dont have the $$ for a built one then i would hold off on the stall.

tune/intake/efans/obx headers for on a budget and you will have a COMPLETELY different animal! and a lot better sound if you changed out the stock muffler with a magnaflow for about 80-100$ with some headers! :coolthumb: there are many different mufflers to choose from to g et the sound you like for cheap

btw, there is proven to be very MINIMAL gains with going with a full catback system (which can be expensive) until you start to have big power such as a SC, head/cam..

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Just mod it! You will like most anything you do.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts