Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

IF I keep my blower and decide to put it on, which is like 5% chance, should I get a bigger radiator or will the stock one still be ok? I'll be pushing MAYBE 9 psi.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
I have the stock radiator with the LS1 eFans, 12# of boost, no cooling issues at all.

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just what I wanted to hear, and one from hellish temps too. Thanks for the quick replies. I'm really itching to throw it on now that no one seems to want it.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Just what I wanted to hear, and one from hellish temps too. Thanks for the quick replies. I'm really itching to throw it on now that no one seems to want it.
I run my truck in 100-degree temps in the summer with no cooling issues, truck runs at 184-192 all day long...But I don't have the heat exchangers in front of the radiator.

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
You should only need to consider an upgraded radiator if you had a BIG heat exchanger(s) or a thick front mount intercooler in front of your radiator in the grille area although living in Houston doesn't help your case that's for sure.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
7,324 Posts
so...... when are you putting it on? ill b in Paraland TX around christmas!

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright guys, is there a place where I can figure out what belts I need to run with the different pulleys and 10% OD crank pulley? I'd like to keep it max 8 psi until I go forged, so does anyone know what pulley I need to use? Can't believe this shit is actually getting done.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,317 Posts
If you don't want it I'll take it off your hands :cheers1:

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
3.2 or 3.1!

Joe is the man to tell you! Why not just keep the stock balancer on for now?
Came with an 8 rib setup, so I went ahead and bought the 10% OD not knowing I could just run a 6 rib belt... yeah, I'm a complete noob when it comes to blowers (this is my first "fast" vehicle ever). I tried to get it from Joe, but couldn't get a response, so I went through Brandon @ 262. I'll dig out those pulleys tonight to make sure I have the right ones.

·
Premium Member
2wd Turbo
11,126 Posts
You can still run all the 8 rib stuff and run a stock 6 rib balancer with a 6 rib belt. Then a 3.0 should be just about right... when its time for more, slap that 10% OD balancer on!:coolthumb:

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can still run all the 8 rib stuff and run a stock 6 rib balancer with a 6 rib belt. Then a 3.0 should be just about right... when its time for more, slap that 10% OD balancer on!:coolthumb:
Oh HELL no!!!! I bought that thing and it's PURDY. It's DEFINITELY going on there. If this shit sits in my garage/in my room any longer, I'm destroying it with a sledge. It'll all be on come November :D

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Talked to Joe, said to run a 2.9 - 3.0 on it since a 2.7 gave 10psi for him on an MP112. Thanks Joe for the valley cover and the info on your intake. Looks like I'll be going with the LS7 MAF and just need to drill a hole in my fender. Whoo-hoo!

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nov. 5th if I have all the parts in time (I should be gtg now, but I need to pull everything out and make sure.) Anyone know what it should run full weight on slicks?

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
All right, like I've said before, I'm new to all this. I'll be posting pictures of EVERYTHING I have tonight, with measurements of the pulleys. If I'm missing anything other than the valley pan, can you guys let me know?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts