Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys and gals. Made the switch no more vendor B.S. Liking the fact that I can be straight up with you. Ne questions regarding needing a custom tune, cold air intake, IAT relocation kit or just wanna B.S. Hit me up. :coolthumb:

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Whats up guys and gals. Made the switch no more vendor B.S. Liking the fact that I can be straight up with you. Ne questions regarding needing a custom tune, cold air intake, IAT relocation kit or just wanna B.S. Hit me up. :coolthumb:

glad you could make it over bro you will see how this site is much different than the others out there.

·
EBONY AND IVORY 4 EVER
2006 TBSS
13,265 Posts
welcome

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Welcome.

Question already.

Are you using all silicone couplers. I think Vector is shipping partial rubber (the 90) and did not know if you were too.

As I said. Welcome.

Rich
Fuck no......... I sell what I have on my TBSS. Design or materials used havent changed since day one. 3.5 inch mandrel bent polished aluminum. 4 ply high temp silicone couplers throughout. NO high temp cheap rubber. :rofl: silicone safe hose clamps and K&N filter. Good question, glad to clarify. Vector uses a high temp rubber 90 and another homemade ive seen floating around uses high temp rubber throughout. I believe MAC uses high temp rubber as well on their kits. Much cheaper to use rubber than 4 ply silicone hell its about a 35 difference per kit. Have plenty of pics of the intake if nebody wants me to post em I will under bolt on section... I make them so you can ask all the questions you want.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
Fuck no......... I sell what I have on my TBSS. Design or materials used havent changed since day one. 3.5 inch mandrel bent polished aluminum. 4 ply high temp silicone couplers throughout. NO high temp cheap rubber. :rofl: silicone safe hose clamps and K&N filter. Good question, glad to clarify. Vector uses a high temp 90 and another homemade ive seen floating around uses high temp rubber throughout. I believe MAC uses high temp rubber as well on their kits. Much cheaper to use rubber than 4 ply silicone hell its about a 35 difference per kit.
Yea I think Vector was buying couplers from Mac originally but I could be wrong.

When I bought mine they were out of silicone at the time and shipped a rubber 90. The it turns out they coudnt get silicone anymore. Cant remember for sure as I would have to check old mail.

The silicone looks nicer and is easier to clean. No doubt it will last longer.

With the exception of better silicone isn't yours an exact copy of Vector?

Thanks for the reply !

Rich

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,977 Posts
Fuck no......... I sell what I have on my TBSS. Design or materials used havent changed since day one. 3.5 inch mandrel bent polished aluminum. 4 ply high temp silicone couplers throughout. NO high temp cheap rubber. :rofl: silicone safe hose clamps and K&N filter. Good question, glad to clarify. Vector uses a high temp 90 and another homemade ive seen floating around uses high temp rubber throughout. I believe MAC uses high temp rubber as well on their kits. Much cheaper to use rubber than 4 ply silicone hell its about a 35 difference per kit. Have plenty of pics of the intake if nebody wants me to post em I will under bolt on section... I make them so you can ask all the questions you want.
First off...welcome to the other side Bro. It's much different here than the other site.

Do you have any pictures of what you have on your TBSS? I know a couple of people who have your CAI and they say it works very well. Just curious how it's different from what I have on my TBSS.

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
How about I post up some pictures and you can see for yourself. Same end result, more hp :cheers1:
and here is the seal I have around my airbox as well

Ne questions feel free to ask. Love to share all the info I can. Glad to be apart of this forum. Thanks Norcal SS for giving us a place to chat.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Another Welcome! I was recently talking CAIs w/ a bud and told him that I was thinking of ordering yurs. Is yurs available w/ and w/o the hole and fitting for the IAT? I jes ordered the bits to make my own w/ the Omega thermistor and was gonna put it in the end of the filter. TY...John
P.S. Very nice looking product...IMHO!

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another Welcome! I was recently talking CAIs w/ a bud and told him that I was thinking of ordering yurs. Is yurs available w/ and w/o the hole and fitting for the IAT? I jes ordered the bits to make my own w/ the Omega thermistor and was gonna put it in the end of the filter. TY...John
P.S. Very nice looking product...IMHO!
May have to start up another thread LOL... The IEATSRT8 CAI comes without the hole drilled for the IAT. Customers that have purchased the CAI and relocation kits from me I do usually ask if they want me to drill / tap and install the IAT. So whenever your ready let me know. Thanks for the compliment regarding my product. Just put them up on Ebay and they are on http://www.sscartuning.com/tbss.html Check that site out for killer deals on custom tunes for our truck as well. Brian is the man for tuning.

·
Registered
'06 TBSS
652 Posts
Hmm...do you sell that air box seal separately?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts