Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way I can get my truck to have 2 different tunes like on a switch or somthing? I have a nitrous tune right now but I rarley spray do they make somthing to were I can tune the truck to have both N/A tune and nitrous tune? I dont now if this is a dumb question or not I've just heard about it and am curious. I'm no tuner expert or anything I just take it in to get retuned every time I do somthing to it lol. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,421 Posts
Get another ecm. One for non n2o, and one for n2o. They switch out in about 3 minutes.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Yes but need a case relearn

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Which is another 30 min

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That sonds like and option but is that the best way or the way evryone else is doing it. And don't I have to do a computer relearn or somthing like that every time I change it

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
FAST computer.... /thread.

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
u dont have to know how to tune with HP Tuners, just get the tuner to send/do the tunes on ur HP Tuners then u will be able to switch back and forth

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
You could tune the truck with your everyday tune and then customized you IAT Tablesso that when you activate you N2O a relay can flip from the sensor being connected to a resistor in it's place. That will make the computer think the IAT's are high and pull timing for you N2O. I don't know how to do it myself, but i've heard about it being done before. Ask your tuners if it's possible for him to do, Or, Maybe some of the tuners are the forum can chime in.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like drews idea but can I have both tunes on the hp tuner and how long would it take to switch between the two

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS 3SS
1,226 Posts
Hpt or buy an extra set of modules to switch out. You only have to do a relearn one with the new set and you can swap them back and forth as you please

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
You just save the tune to ur computer u use for the HP Tuners, and then can swap back and forth in a few minutes

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
211 Posts
I guess our PCMs are different from silverados cause on a silverado you can do 2 tunes and switch back and forth with the tow/haul button

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
I guess our PCMs are different from silverados cause on a silverado you can do 2 tunes and switch back and forth with the tow/haul button
Yep, that would make them different. If we had a tow/haul button, then we could do the same thing.

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,421 Posts
Yes but need a case relearn
You only have to relearn the ecm initially. After that you can switch them back and fourth.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,602 Posts
You only have to relearn the ecm initially. After that you can switch them back and fourth.

Thats right tiy only have to do the crank learn and security learn once. The info stays with the modules and you can switch them back and forth after that with no change.

Flashing a nitrous tune with HPT is not the same as tuning. You just write a file (like saving a file on windows) to your truck. So even a monkey could swap tunes once they are created.

Not sure how much difference is in your tunes but my nitrous tune is pretty basic. I just pull timing and use a switch and IAT resistance.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts