Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe...and I don't feel like pulling mine to build a jig OR paying new part pricing for a part i'm just going to use to build a jig...

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have some qualms about the stock units...I hate rubber bushings and I hate the rubber bushed lower strut mount...

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
steve.. im right there with you... some delrin, or a poly bushing... something to solidify that mount... that arm has to move, then the bushing absorbes the hit... then the strut compresses....

i think that is some of the crappy ride issues these trucks have no matter what. get that rubber bushing out of there and i bet the suspension jitter clears right up...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
See if you can find some out of a parts truck or something! :) I'm serious about this, the replacement lower control arm I am thinking of is going to run Delrin on the two base mounts and likely a solid spherical bearing for the lower strut mount...maybe Delrin as well! I need parts in hand to finalize a design!

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't care about looks, I need any good units that will allow me to make a jig...that's it! I really don't care what it looks like! :)

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
it looked like they changed the bushings on the 06 ones and when i got new ones from greg why not try those:dunno:

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's not just the material, the lower strut mount needs to be hard mounted in order to provide proper feedback and fast reaction! The way I want to do these, the suspension will have instant feedback, even with the suspension done, the front is still slushy when I'm diving hard into a corner...it's because the mounting points are sloppy.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,208 Posts
I can see it now....hiem the mounting points for more camber adjustment, maybe include an adjustable FSB endlink, do something with that retarded cone thing the lower strut mount bolts to. :drool:

EDIT: I wonder if there would be any way to make caster adjustable?

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The main idea I have worked out in my head is the conical lower strut mount assembly would be hard mounted into a PTFE lined spherical bearing that mounts tubular sleeve mounted horizontally in the lower mount.

We could do whatever we want with the lower ball joint and we could redesign the sway bar end link to be more rigid and lighten the whole assembly at the same time...

As for the inner mounts, we have to get a set in hand so we can figure out how to redesign those points...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts