Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to take a friend a ride around the block today. Hit the rev limiter in first, let out of and got back on same thing. 1st gear works real good and 3rd and 4th seam to work fine also. I only have 405hp and its only been beat on a handful of times. Pulled the dipstick and no shaving or burnt smell. It only has like 8k on the gm reman trans. Also my stabilitrac light is on, could that play a part in this.

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Hey sorry man but I don't think the Stabilitrack has anything to do with losing 2nd gear. Go with a 4L80 when you put one back in.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The stabilitrack was just wishful thinking. I bet I don't even have 50 miles on the converter and the motor mods. Starting to wish I would of left it alone.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just remember the last place ya had it and try there. lol jk that sucks
I traced my foot steps back to the garage, and still nothing. I hope I find it soon so I can go to the track this year.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,290 Posts
Sucks trust me I know I blew my trans......the drum blew in mine(think that's what its called) an wrecked the whole trans the case isn't even rebuildable so........now I'm goin 4L80e but GL wit urs

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
683 Posts
Might just be the 1-2 accumulator seal or piston. The trans doesn't have to come out to check it....just drop the pan. The stock one is plastic and sometimes crack or shatter. But if its broken into pieces the trans will need going thru to clean out.

GM makes a metal replacement thats about 10 bucks don't know why they don't put it in to begin with.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love the go "4l80" comment. From trick that dont put down the power to need then to trucks who should be fine in a 70. I love it. Fucking keyboard builders.
Its not like I have a lot of power.

If its something were I have to put more than $200 into then its getting an 4l80 with a small stall converter.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,290 Posts
I love the go "4l80" comment. From trick that dont put down the power to need then to trucks who should be fine in a 70. I love it. Fucking keyboard builders.
I'm putting a 80e in just to be safe I blew a 70e so I just said fuck it go 80e n have peace in mind that's all.....

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
160 Posts
Actually - he's talking wheel horsepower with his L92 setup. I broke my first 2 70's with a stock motor. The first of which was exactly like yours - second gear gone. Just because ForceFed seems to have luck with his 70 doesn't mean that 99% of the rest of us do - I broke my 5th last month. There's an 80 in my truck now.

The 4L70e is a great transmission ... for a car that weighs 3200#.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
pull the pan, and drop the 2nd gear accumulator housing... as stated those plastic pistons are known to break (my transmission in my 99 ws6 had this problem)

i have the sonnax billet pistons in stock if you need one.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
pull the pan, and drop the 2nd gear accumulator housing... as stated those plastic pistons are known to break (my transmission in my 99 ws6 had this problem)

i have the sonnax billet pistons in stock if you need one.
Thanks

I'll pull the pan this weekend. About how much is the piston kit?

I should have an 4l80 this week but it'll need gone through.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS AWD
1,414 Posts
What is the GM part # for the metal one? You guy have me worried.

·
Old Guy
08 Trailblazer SS
297 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.