Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the highway and hit a nasty pothole the truck shut off I stopped put it in neutral and tried to turn it back on with no avail. I lost all power the only thing I could do is put my hazards on couldn’t use the radio nor roll down the windows couldn’t do anything at all. When the tow truck arrived we tried putting it in neutral but we couldn’t we had to disconnect the shift linkage and manually move it into neutral. I’m looking if anyone has a diagram of the grounds in the engine bay also what else should I look for I suck at electrical diagnosing so any help would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,751 Posts
I was on the highway and hit a nasty pothole the truck shut off I stopped put it in neutral and tried to turn it back on with no avail. I lost all power the only thing I could do is put my hazards on couldn’t use the radio nor roll down the windows couldn’t do anything at all. When the tow truck arrived we tried putting it in neutral but we couldn’t we had to disconnect the shift linkage and manually move it into neutral. I’m looking if anyone has a diagram of the grounds in the engine bay also what else should I look for I suck at electrical diagnosing so any help would be appreciated

My money is on the underhood fuse box is shorted out. Common problem on this platform.

Reactions: hcortez1226

·
Registered
SSR & TBSS
111 Posts
After pulling the underhood fuseblock, I had one of the connectors under the under-hood fuse block that wasn't fully seated into the fuse block. Once that was fixed it started right up.

Your symptoms sound a little bit familiar. The truck was nearly completely dead. But a few things worked.

What worked: Hazard lights, fuel pump, ECM (code reader would talk to it), AC Fan, windshield wipers, power seats, Odometer reading
What didn't work: No Engine crank, No Radio, No door chime, Windows wouldn't go down, locks didn't work, Dash would flash when key turned on, no interior lights, no brake lights, no turn signals (But Hazards worked).

Probably not the same problem as my loose connector, but you might make sure the pot hole didn't jar one or more relays in the fuse compartment loose, or even jar the wire loose that is known to go bad in the fuse block.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My money is on the underhood fuse box is shorted out. Common problem on this platform.
That’s what I was thinking since I didn’t find any wires loose or disconnected thanks for your input I’ll take a look at it tomorrow

·
Registered
2007 TBSS
52 Posts
I had same thing, and needed a new fuel pump.
Had neutral, fishers, etc, starter would run, just wouldn’t turn over.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Need for info, does the key turn, there is a sensor button , in the set a consult in side, if you push it will shift , do you have lights. It could be the starter, the Ground wire The main is just in front of the starter. On the drivers side. It could be the ignition , so many things. Sorry try these and get back.

·
Registered
212 Posts
How did it all turn out. Had a similar issue a few years back. Hit a pothole doing 70 on the highway. Hard. A good teeth rattler. Truck shut off. Coasted off the road. WTF? I got out and on a hunch started playing with some of the fuses and it looked like some were loose. Pushed them firmly down and voila! She started right up. Haven't had an issue since.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

UPDATE!!!
Looked at the fuse box and half of it was disconnected re connected it and it started right up. I still don’t have power to my windows, radio, sunroof, nor does my keep fob work. Replaced 125amp fuse still nothing. Fuses under the seat are good. What else should I look for I’m thinking theirs a short somewhere. Also when I drive I sometimes lose throttle response usually after the first stop but it’s random most of the times. I have to slow down to under 15mph or even to a complete stop to regain throttle response

1 - 8 of 8 Posts