Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 3SS AWD
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, i ended up selling a viper alarm to someone on here... after about a month... the guy ( im not stating any names ) emails me and asks to talk about the kit... first of all... he bought the kit from me for $100 shipped to his door... it was used, and they go for like 120-200 used and refurbished.. so that was a fair deal.. i told him he would need a bypass for it... and i also told him that it came out of my 94 pickup... so he gets in touch with me today about it and says that he had to pay an extra $60 in parts to get it installed...

for some reason... he claims that this is my fault and that i should cover the $60..

like am i an idiot here? this is really bothering me cause i am not the kind of person to try and rip a person off! i feel like he really is just trying to make an extra $60 bucks back..

the whole time he was getting shitty with me and tellin me that i was ripping him off yadda yadda... bottom line is that i sold him the KIT, and just the KIT... i wasnt paying for his installation lol.... and the extra parts was part of the installation....

i bought the kit from a local bestbuy, and then had it professionally installed at a place called auto image here in nj, and then taken out by them as well and put right back into the box, and then posted it on here for sale...

this really pisses me off...

·
=ЯΛWSSUM=
TrailblazerSS
1,137 Posts
understandable... but damn, I would of done same thing..

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
Nope....If you did it as you say, you dont owe him anything.
Even if you didnt disclose what you did, its his responsibility to ask the appropriate questions about it prior to buying.

I had a member get mad at me because I sold him headlights, and when he got them they didnt have the sockets in them, but I dodnt sell him Sockets, so he decided to file a paypal claim against me only to realize I sold him headlights......TO which he assumed would come with the sockets. He wouldnt have had an issue if he hadnt sold his prior to receiving mine and left his sockets in them.

YOu did nothing wrong....Tell him to pound sand.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
I agree, different vehicles require different accessories and add-on parts to integrate alarms! It's on him to supply the extras unless you told him specifically that the system was complete and would installeight into his specific vehicle with no other parts needed! I hope he posts in here so we can all tell him to get bent for not knowing what he was doing...

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
What a douche, you owe them nothing other than hitting them in the head with a wiffle ball bat for being a little bitch. Thats like saying Tony owes you an install if you buy a lowering kit or rims from him.

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
3,987 Posts
you owe him nothing. as stated you arent paying for his install as well...you sold him the part. i agree with Matt. Tell him to start pounding sand!

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
I agree, different vehicles require different accessories and add-on parts to integrate alarms! It's on him to supply the extras unless you told him specifically that the system was complete and would installeight into his specific vehicle with no other parts needed! I hope he posts in here so we can all tell him to get bent for not knowing what he was doing...
:iamwithstupid::iamwithstupid:

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
if it goes exactly how you said... you owe him nothing...

if there is any doubt about it...

split the money he had to pay for the extras... and thats IT cause thats fair...

kind of like the headers i bought at a swap meet years ago for a 3rd gen trans am... labled to fit the car.. i bought them and headed home.... yeah... more like for a g body or big car.... NO WAY they were fitting in the trans am. so at the next swap meet we just so happened to have a space selling parts... and so did mr parts expert...

i confronted him to let him know the parts were wrong, and that being a young kid with not alot of money he should be ashamed at lying to make a sale... especially to a 16yo kid...

when he told me to get fucked, and tough shit... in his exact words.... i swung those headers like i was mark maguire... the shit on his table was EVERYWHERE.... like a car drove through his swap space...

i hate when people sell shit thinking they are going to make a quick sale and fuck someoene.... if you did no wrong.. your mint... if you are bsing us... split his added cost and walk away....

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Call da amber lamps
TrailblazerSS
966 Posts
You're good to go. You did tell him extra parts were needed.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
124 Posts
Tell him he owes you $60 for having to read B.S. emails that were explained from the start of the transaction.

·
Premium Member
2006 TrailblazerSS
1,412 Posts
Tell him to ship it back non-refundable if he's that unhappy about it. Oh and tell him to hang it in his ***

·
Registered
08 TRAILBALZER SS
772 Posts
It is more than likely a case of someone not doing their homework on what they were buying.

An alarm kit is a kit, but that is not all that is needed to get it installed. If you just advertised it for what it was "an alarm kit", then shame on them for assuming that there was nothing else needed. However, if you led them to believe that it was ready to be installed "plug and play", you steered them wrong.

·
Resident NIP
06 SS Trailblazer
4,326 Posts
You owe me $60!!!

·
LS2 Soccer Mom's Truck
Scion xb...sob sob
700 Posts
if you clearly let him know that's its not plug n play then you are fine. some guy on nasioc tried to pull the same shit with me. I sold him a HKS turbo timer with harness and I clearly let him know it was off a SR20 240 so he would need to buy the harness. A month later he pm'ed me to let him know I needed to buy the harness for his STi. I told him to kick rocks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts