Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally! I know, I know, laugh it up... my department finally moved into the year 2004! But anyhoot, I said I would be a test subject for the first Tazer deployment. I will say it was something I never want to do again but I am glad that I did it. I figured if I am going to Tazer someone, I better be able to tell them that I did it too.

The feeling: Imagine being hit in the back with a sledge hammer and then having no control over your body AT ALL! The upside to this however is the fact that when it's over, it's over (unlike OC spray).

I am a little sore and the spots where the barbs stuck into my skin are a little tender but all in all it was an experience I will not forget.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHVAsM3l9Y8

If I was faced with OC spray (pepper), or the Tazer, I would take the Tazer again hands down.

Just thought I would share.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,550 Posts
reminds me of that old video "Don't taze me bro!"

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow....well..uhm....congats? lol

Wonder how that's gonna affect someone with a pacemaker or bladder issue.
It will not affect a pacemaker, it's been tested in controlled settings and in the real world. As far as the bladder thing, trust me, you are locked up so tight you are not going to squeez out anything. :biggrin2: I don't plan on using it unless my options run out. I KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE REMEMBER?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
You are a brave man! I sure as hell wouldn't want to try it after your explanation. Unless I was really really:burp:lol.

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
Hahahahahaaa :rofl: I've been tazed a few times (no I wasn't getting arrested) and hit with OC spray and I know its never fun. Good for you for taking the first hit, now try the tazer belt they use for prisoners. Imagine a belt with tazer power around your love handles while you're shackled prisoner transport style.:shocking:

·
Mommy's ride isn't a VAN!
Black Trailblazer SS
584 Posts
I had to experience the OC Spray in 2005 for my Boarding Team Member qualification in the Coast Guard. Shit sucked..lol

·
Registered
06' TBSS LT2
570 Posts
unless you attack people like a spider monkey you better use that tazer hahaha... I wish you could work up here. i'd love to insert you into the clubs and highschools here you would be a ringer uc lol.. just kidding, be safe.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I really laughed at your response on the ground.
I would like to see what this feels like.....But only by choice.

And man, your a little dude.....LOL
I am small as far as Troopers go, that's no lie! I get crap all of the time because females who put up a fight usually match me in weight and height! I have had some scary fights in the bar-ditch a few times with guys who out weigh me and don't want to go to jail. I have been lucky so far. I am almost releaved to have the tazer now! Just the sight of it usually stops people from putting up a fight.

Back-up for us is normally more than 15 minutes away on a good day. It makes for a long fight at 143 lbs.

·
Iam sofa king we todd did
tbss
1,145 Posts
I am small as far as Troopers go, that's no lie! I get crap all of the time because females who put up a fight usually match me in weight and height! I have had some scary fights in the bar-ditch a few times with guys who out weigh me and don't want to go to jail. I have been lucky so far. I am almost releaved to have the tazer now! Just the sight of it usually stops people from putting up a fight.

Back-up for us is normally more than 15 minutes away on a good day. It makes for a long fight at 143 lbs.
I was thinking that same thing. People might think twice with a tazer pointed at them.

·
Just Win Baby!
06 BLK SS RWD
2,635 Posts

Here is Alex! :rofl: :boxing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_P5jOoDDbI

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is Alex! :rofl: :boxing:
No sir, I am a friend of civil rights!

I'am not going to sit back and get beat, there are other ways to effect an arrest besides punching folks in the face. Arrest and control tactics are a big part of what we are trained on. I have no doubt that I can handle someone twice my size with the training I have recieved. It just may take a while. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
2006 Black 2WD
2,153 Posts
I got tazed twice by your buddy Gideon (well actually its was his aide from TCSO, Kovar). I didnt get the probes, rather I got the alligator clips. He made me lie down with my arms under my chest and put a $100 bill in front of my face. He told me if I can grab it while being tazed it was mine. On a 3 count, it was a race to beat the NMI, and I lost- made it as far as getting my arms up tp my chin, but that was it.
But before that trial, I was lying down and freaked everyone out by pretending I was being tazed without him pulling the trigger. He said, "Oh, you think your a funny guy. How's this for funny" then pulled the trigger...
But yes, I would much rather be tazed as opposed to getting OC'd in the face. Five minutes of pain vs 45 minutes of pain any day.
As for your weight, from what the science says, your size makes you the lucky one. Im 6'5", 280lbs- the bigger you are, the more it hurts, and I can attest to that.

·
Yes... I know I'm short
'07 TBSS 2WD
7,015 Posts

I hear ya 100%! I'm 5'6" and 135lbs... I get hell all the time! And I still haven't gotten a taser...

·
Premium Member
2006 Black 2WD
2,153 Posts
Hahahahahaaa :rofl: I've been tazed a few times (no I wasn't getting arrested) and hit with OC spray and I know its never fun. Good for you for taking the first hit, now try the tazer belt they use for prisoners. Imagine a belt with tazer power around your love handles while you're shackled prisoner transport style.:shocking:
You think thats bad, try a NMI capture shield used for cell extractions.. That bad boy is energized the entire time, along with 1000lbs worth of officers on top of you.
But if you really want to know how to get fucked up, try to get the po-po to pull this shit out on you and your crowd...
http://www.taser.com/pages/VideoDetails.aspx?videoid=96

1 - 20 of 30 Posts