Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
AWD TBSS
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 99 police tahoe 2wd with a messed up motor. So I am looking at all motor options any info and links would help. I was thinking a 6.0 but if that turns out to be a pain in the ass I will prob just get another 5.7 and beef it up? Let me know thanks

·
Premium Member
AWD TBSS
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is very clean for being a Illinois state trooper truck it only has rust on the back cargo door and rock chips on the hood

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
905 Posts
383 stroker??? or put the LQ9 6.0 in it from the Denalis

·
Premium Member
AWD TBSS
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
383 stroker??? or put the LQ9 6.0 in it from the Denalis
I was also thinking that route do you have any info I can get on how much of a PITA it will be to swap I do need to pass emissions so it deff has to be street legal.

·
Jigga Jake
TrailblazerSS
1,244 Posts
i got a 2003 5.3 block and some other parts for sale would be a awesome start for a motor build and may also have a set of heads to go with it check out the other stuff for sale section

·
Premium Member
AWD TBSS
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got a 2003 5.3 block and some other parts for sale would be a awesome start for a motor build and may also have a set of heads to go with it check out the other stuff for sale section
Thanks I will check it out

·
Registered
2006 White 2WD LT
274 Posts
Doubt The 6.0 is going to be easy to do without alot of wiring. I would go with another 5.7 unless I'm wrong.

·
Premium Member
07 Imperial 1SS 2wd
2,625 Posts
I would def try and put a LSx motor in there. If you are mechanically knowledgeable then I'm sure you can get it done.

·
Premium Member
AWD TBSS
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Doubt The 6.0 is going to be easy to do without alot of wiring. I would go with another 5.7 unless I'm wrong.
There is a place that might make a painless wiring kit for it but it $900 I am wating for a call back

·
Premium Member
AWD TBSS
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD
4,748 Posts
Get with ScooterK on here. He works with a guy that has a similar rig that he swapped a 6.0 into, I think it's a LQ4. Plus, ScooterK knows his shit. His truck is dope as fuck. He's in the Des Moines area. He's a buddy of Rich's (RRMCCABE).

Holy crap, didn't see Greg's post.

That bitch (the engine, not Greg. LOL) drops right in, it looks like.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,400 Posts
i have djm spindles/shackles for a 2/2 drop on it

1 - 20 of 24 Posts