Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

I cant fucking believe it

2K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  TWO-TONS-OF-FUN 
#1 ·
Driving down Harlem Ave and hear something that sounds like a front speaker exploded. If I were only that lucky; looks like some puke ass fucking kid shot my windshield with a BB gun while I was driving. Now, this is my 3rd windshield on a car thats 5 years old with 17k miles..........

#2 ·
And u didn't stop?!?!?! Could of been rock

#4 ·
Pics!

#6 ·
Damn I'd be pissed! It's called find them.. Best their ass and LEAVE!

#11 ·
What's the benifit?*

#16 ·
I've shot windshields with BB guns. (junkyard wreck)

That looks like a rock or perhaps a marble shot from a sling shot as the glass in the center looks pulverized vs a small puncture.
Normally the BB's went stright through, leaving a tiny chip look...at least the ones I shot. And they don't seperate the layers surrounding the whole like that.

Regaurdless, its still a huge piss off :argue2:

#17 ·
I agree with RedE. I did glass for a long time, and a BB gun don't do that. That was something substantial at a high rate of speed.

And tint holding fragments? Laminated glass doesn't really "fragment" with impact like that. There's a plastic layer inside the glass that keeps it from falling apart. It is nothing like the tempered glass in most doors and rear windows that "fragments" into a million pieces when broken.

#18 ·
That's why i'm thankful for a low deductible, a rock smashed the windshield in my vette one time. I thought I'll just replace the window instead of messing with insurance, that was until they quoted me $1200 for the windshield. $200 deductible later, pretty new windshield.

#19 ·
so you guys have never seen a glass get broken and the little pieces all over the inside of the car on the dash and interior... i under stand its a saftey glass with the plastic in the middle.. but you still get small little pieces in the car when you break it.

chase. when you tint the windshield like kevin and myself have... even with a glass that has no dot matrix in it.. you still have the black out edging on the sides and bottom... you get a small witness line where the tint does not conform to the edge 100%. with a pilkington glass the blackout and dotmatrix are printed between the layers of glass. getting rid of that issue... i got mine 100% because i was going to tint it...

#20 ·
so you guys have never seen a glass get broken and the little pieces all over the inside of the car on the dash and interior... i under stand its a saftey glass with the plastic in the middle.. but you still get small little pieces in the car when you break it.
Yes I have. I've also seen glass DESTROYED and glass all over inside of car. But from a rock or a BB gun.....NO.

I once replaced a windshield in an AC van that hit a wild turkey on the interstate at 75 MPH. Not pretty.

My point was that it's not bad enough to tint the windshield to prevent "fragments" from making their way to inside the truck. "Normal" broken windshields don't even affect the interior layer of glass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.