Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Suckin' Gas & Haulin' Ass
08 Trailblazer 3SS
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so some of you may have seen on my facebook that I am going to be going on vacation soon.

My brother lives in Cleveland Ohio and so that is where my main time will be spent. However I am obsessed with the Bean and Millennium Park and so six hours is not too far for me to drive.

Anyway I will be there and I was wondering if you can give me an idea of which pizza place is best? From what I hear the following are relatively good:

1) Gino's East
2) Pizzeria Uno
3) Giordano's
4) Connie's

I'm also probably going to need to crash before heading back to Ohio so if anyone can tell me what area is a safe area for me to look at hotesl in? I'll be coming in from I-80/I-90

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
57 Posts
Gino's is my choice, they use sauce, where Uno uses smooshed stewed tomatoes, both good, just depends your taste. I hear the other 2 are good, but never been.

If your heading back towards Cleveland, just get East of Hammond Indiana a bit a you'll be good.

And if your gonna be on 80/90 between Chicago and Cleveland that weekend you gotta come see this http://www.auctionsamerica.com/, huge Classic Car Auction in Auburn, IN.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
57 Posts
Hmm, car show the week before? Lived here all my life never knew about a car show the week before. Killer cruise in on the Friday of though, one of the few that has Duesenbergs, ZR1s, and rat rods all together.

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
27 Posts
Harlem and I80 is a nice spot.A lot of hotels and food places around.For a pizza choice I would go with Connie's.Shoot us a msg when in town.

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
Best pizza is Lou Malnatis. There is a hotel complex just south of Midway Airport (not far from Caroline) and there's a Lou's right near there I believe.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Ginos east!!!

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
And ignore all the annoying ass homeless asking for money!

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
to, in, or both?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,137 Posts
Forget all those chain restaurants... they are good but...... since you are going to be at Millenium Park, there is this place by my house called Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders which is just north of Lincoln Park Zoo. Their pizza pot pies are yummmmzzzy! Nom Nom Nom! Also try their Mediterranean bread and their Tortoni for dessert!

I would suggest going early though as it does get crowded on weekends and at times the wait is about an hour or so but well worth the wait!

As for places to stay, check online for hotels downtown.. sometimes you can find some great deals.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,350 Posts
Hands down Giordano's stuffed pizza or Vito & Nicks (Cracker Thin Crust Pizza Located at 8433 South Pulaski) **this one is one the South South side
Yup.............

·
"******"
1,225 Posts
Going to be in Chicago also, found a hotel down by Millinum Park. Hows safe is the parking down there for 3 nights (mon-thurs). Taking my son on a mini vaction to see the planetarum, aquarium, museum, and (sears) tower. Never been downtown B4 any heads up? Hope to get some pics of the SS on the water front.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.