Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Premium Member
06 AWD TBSS
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up guys, just thought maybe someone here could help...

Long story short, for the past 2 years I have felt like complete shit. Always dizzy, feeling off balance, like my equilibrium is off I guess. Everytime I would go to the doc he blew me off because he said it was probably just anxiety, an inner ear infection, blood pressure spike and so on. Finally after getting the run around for almost 2 years and knowing something wasn't right I switched docs. The new doc gave me a CT scan, this was about 2 months ago. They told me it wasn't good and I had a ton of fluid built up in my brain. They said it was enough to kill me but it happened slowly enough my brain had time to compensate for it. Luckily I caught it before it did any major permanent damage but I'm pretty freaked out by this whole thing. I have yet to really meet anyone that has been through something similar and I would love to talk to someone who has. I just feel alone in all this so if anyone knows someone, anyone that has been through something like this please let me know. The surgery I'm having to fix it is an endoscopic third ventriculostomy. Anyone else out there been through this or something similar? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks guys and happy new year. :cheers1:

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
3,987 Posts
Wow....i hope everything works out with the surgery and everything. I dont know of anyone that has had anything similiar but you should never feel alone...theres plenty of people to talk to especially on here...good luck brother! hit me up anytime if you wanna chat...

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,512 Posts
Wow....i hope everything works out with the surgery and everything. I dont know of anyone that has had anything similiar but you should never feel alone...theres plenty of people to talk to especially on here...good luck brother! hit me up anytime if you wanna chat...
Exactly what I was think, as for me I don't know of any one personally but... PLEASE don't feel alone. And good luck in your surgery. I bet everything will be fine.

·
Premium Member
06 AWD TBSS
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Its not that I feel alone in life or anything like that because I have tons of friends and family who have been awesome through this. I just feel alone in the situation because I can't seem to find anyone who has been through this, at least my age. I would just like to maybe talk with someone who has been through it before. Everyone on this site is cool as shit and there are so many people I just thought I would ask.

·
Registered
06 CLS MB, 07 SS,
784 Posts
Rob, i wish you well. I am sure you will be like a champ when all is done. Keep us up to date on how you are doing. Take care.

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Rob I hope every thing goes well. Your a great guy!

·
Resident Asshole!
2007 Tahoe
3,708 Posts
I know a guy who went through this.... HE has a permanent shunt on the side of his head to drain off any excess fluid. I'm not sure how it's done, or how often, but you should be fine brother. Hang in there, try and keep your chin up, and pray for the best!

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,386 Posts
Rob we will ALL be keeping you in our prayers. Stay positive and it will all turn out good.

·
Registered
2008 AWD 3SS
947 Posts
My thoughts are with you. I would feel the same. Have you googled it and seen if there was a blog or something you could read that someone had already done it? Might put your mind at ease.

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
432 Posts
I worked with a girl when I was in high school. She also went through this and had the same symptoms and all. Like Chad was saying she got a shunt to drain excess fluid into her stomach. Don't know too many details about the surgery itself but hang in there all will be well. Keep us up to date.

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
Hope everything goes well! Make sure to pay a visit to the original doctor and give him extreme shit!

·
Premium Member
06 AWD TBSS
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rob, i wish you well. I am sure you will be like a champ when all is done. Keep us up to date on how you are doing. Take care.
Thanks bro!
I hope all goes well.
Thank you sir!
I know a guy who went through this.... HE has a permanent shunt on the side of his head to drain off any excess fluid. I'm not sure how it's done, or how often, but you should be fine brother. Hang in there, try and keep your chin up, and pray for the best!
Thats what I'm looking for. Someone who has been through this close to my age. Shunts are the common treatment but have issues. They put a tube and valve on the side of your head under the skin draining the fluid from the brain to your stomach. It can get infected, body reject it, clogged, need adjustments, lots of shit. They are doing a newer surgery for me called a Endoscopic third ventriculostomy. They will go inside my brain with a endoscpoe and put a small hole between the ventricles to allow the fluid to flow. Only problem is the hole may close up over time and I'll have to do it again. I wouldn't mind maybe talking to your friend sometime if he's cool with that. Thanks man!
Rob we will ALL be keeping you in our prayers. Stay positive and it will all turn out good.
Thanks, I'm about as positve as I can be. I know I'll be ok, just a little bump in the road.
Good Luck Rob will be thinking bout you and waiting to hear how things came out
Thanks, I'll keep ya posted.
My thoughts are with you. I would feel the same. Have you googled it and seen if there was a blog or something you could read that someone had already done it? Might put your mind at ease.
I have found a couple blogs out there but I was hoping maybe someone here that I could relate to better would know more. Who knows, we'll see but either way I'll get through this. Thanks for caring!
I'll hit you up after the surgery and let you know how it went, thanks bro!
Exactly what I was think, as for me I don't know of any one personally but... PLEASE don't feel alone. And good luck in your surgery. I bet everything will be fine.
Thanks man for being positve!
Rob I hope every thing goes well. Your a great guy!
Thanks bro, back at ya!

·
Premium Member
06 AWD TBSS
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I worked with a girl when I was in high school. She also went through this and had the same symptoms and all. Like Chad was saying she got a shunt to drain excess fluid into her stomach. Don't know too many details about the surgery itself but hang in there all will be well. Keep us up to date.
Thanks for the info. Getting a shunt isn't too bad it seems upfront but the long term affects seem to be the down fall. The surgery I'm getting is more involved from what they're telling me but long term it should be better. Thanks for the positive feedback bro.
Hope everything goes well! Make sure to pay a visit to the original doctor and give him extreme shit!
Yeah I'd love to walk in there and bitch smack that old fuck for never listening to me and always treating me like I was full of shit. Gave me every excuse in the book as to why I could feel that way without ever doing CT scan or anything. That was the first thing the new doc did and wow, we found the problem. Could have had this fixed almost 2 years ago but at least I caught it in time that it didn't do any damage.

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
My younger brother has had this operation when he was very young. He was predicated by the army doctors not to live past 15 years old. He beat the odds and now at 43 years old he is living life to the fullest with the shunt.

There are some things you need to take care but I'm sure your Doctor have informed you about.

You are very lucky to have a strong circle of friends and family around you. Medical technology has progressed tremendously since the 60's/70's.

I'm sure my brother wouldn't mind talking with you. Just PM me your cell.

:cheers1:

·
Premium Member
06 AWD TBSS
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys for all the caring posts, I love this forum. You're all good guys and girls here! I'm going to bed, gotta be at the hospital bright and early. I'll let you all know how it went when I get home. Thanks again!!!

·
Premium Member
06 AWD TBSS
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My younger brother has had this operation when he was very young. He was predicated by the army doctors not to live past 15 years old. He beat the odds and now at 43 years old he is living life to the fullest with the shunt.

There are some things you need to take care but I'm sure your Doctor have informed you about.

You are very lucky to have a strong circle of friends and family around you. Medical technology has progressed tremendously since the 60's/70's.

I'm sure my brother wouldn't mind talking with you. Just PM me your cell.

:cheers1:
Thats awesome that your brother is doing well, thats what I like to hear! I'll pm you my number when I get home, I would love to talk to him. I'm so thankful for technology these days. I have a wife, 3yr old daughter and another daughter on the way in April so I have to be here! To much to live for man and thats what its all about...and cars obviously lol. Thanks and I'll hit you up when I get back. Ok sleepy time now!

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
9,172 Posts
Damn bro my thoughts and prayers are with you i am sure everything will go smoothly I hope for a speedy recovery!

1 - 20 of 126 Posts