Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, first off, I must note i am in a 2009 Saab 9-7x Aero.

A couple days ago i was having funky electrical issues, symptoms were speaker "alternator" whine, then upon shutdown my radio screen (OEM) flashed straight to black before opening the door, then the car did not want to lock/unlock followed by a hesitation on startup. then on my drive home from where i was, the truck shut off on me while cruising to a red light, and refused to fire up thru 3 cranking cycles until it finally started. the next day, i took the truck out for a drive and the whine in the speakers returned, i immediately turned around and went home, and when i shut the truck off the same screen flash happened, this time along with complete power loss, no lights, door chime, or ignition switch action was happening. everything was properly connected in the engine bay, and when i called it quits and decide to push my truck back on the driveway, i put the gear shifted in neutral and the power returned, with the gauges twitching, and a weird clicking/humming sound. the truck then fired up fine and i was able to park it in the driveway. I spoke to the previous owner whom i bought the truck from a week prior and he suggested disconnecting the battery terminals and reconnecting after making sure everything is clean. So thats what i did. In terms of electrical problems, so far so good since then, i haven't seen the issues above rise again but ill be going over the aftermarket wiring done to the truck this weekend with someone more knowledgeable in the field.

As for the main issue now, after reconnecting the battery, i was not aware of the need to recalibrate the HVAC (Auto/Digital panel) system and when i started the truck my AC defaulted to defrost/footwell vents. i right away touched the panel and tried to change it to no avail. then i researched a little and found a video about the calibration process, which i did not finish watching. i pulled the fuse and reset the system and right away it blew from the face vents again and i thought i solved my issue and shut down the truck. the next day, i started the truck again and realized my AC was stuck on the bottom vents again. i searched and searched and asked around the facebook groups with no success about my issue. I have done the calibration procedure over a dozen times with no success, pulled different combinations of fuses, allowed it extended periods of time to work and nothing seems to solve the issue. every time i attempted to calibrate, the air would start by blowing from the face vents for 10 or so seconds, and then drop to the bottom combo vents (defrost & Footwell) and will not move back from there. the HVAC control panel cycles thru the modes but the vents don't actually move. the actuators aren't seized, because they do in fact blow from the top and cycle to the bottom, and it will cycle between strictly defrost and combo vents, but not back to the upper half. Has anyone ever dealt with this and resolved it? I don't want to go thru the trouble of replacing an actuator for it to not be the issue. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1 Posts
Hey everyone, first off, I must note i am in a 2009 Saab 9-7x Aero.

A couple days ago i was having funky electrical issues, symptoms were speaker "alternator" whine, then upon shutdown my radio screen (OEM) flashed straight to black before opening the door, then the car did not want to lock/unlock followed by a hesitation on startup. then on my drive home from where i was, the truck shut off on me while cruising to a red light, and refused to fire up thru 3 cranking cycles until it finally started. the next day, i took the truck out for a drive and the whine in the speakers returned, i immediately turned around and went home, and when i shut the truck off the same screen flash happened, this time along with complete power loss, no lights, door chime, or ignition switch action was happening. everything was properly connected in the engine bay, and when i called it quits and decide to push my truck back on the driveway, i put the gear shifted in neutral and the power returned, with the gauges twitching, and a weird clicking/humming sound. the truck then fired up fine and i was able to park it in the driveway. I spoke to the previous owner whom i bought the truck from a week prior and he suggested disconnecting the battery terminals and reconnecting after making sure everything is clean. So thats what i did. In terms of electrical problems, so far so good since then, i haven't seen the issues above rise again but ill be going over the aftermarket wiring done to the truck this weekend with someone more knowledgeable in the field.

As for the main issue now, after reconnecting the battery, i was not aware of the need to recalibrate the HVAC (Auto/Digital panel) system and when i started the truck my AC defaulted to defrost/footwell vents. i right away touched the panel and tried to change it to no avail. then i researched a little and found a video about the calibration process, which i did not finish watching. i pulled the fuse and reset the system and right away it blew from the face vents again and i thought i solved my issue and shut down the truck. the next day, i started the truck again and realized my AC was stuck on the bottom vents again. i searched and searched and asked around the facebook groups with no success about my issue. I have done the calibration procedure over a dozen times with no success, pulled different combinations of fuses, allowed it extended periods of time to work and nothing seems to solve the issue. every time i attempted to calibrate, the air would start by blowing from the face vents for 10 or so seconds, and then drop to the bottom combo vents (defrost & Footwell) and will not move back from there. the HVAC control panel cycles thru the modes but the vents don't actually move. the actuators aren't seized, because they do in fact blow from the top and cycle to the bottom, and it will cycle between strictly defrost and combo vents, but not back to the upper half. Has anyone ever dealt with this and resolved it? I don't want to go thru the trouble of replacing an actuator for it to not be the issue. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance!
I have a 2008 Saab Areo and when all the re-calibration failed I replaced my blend door actuator. Now it works fine again. Fairly common problem with these trucks it seems. It's a real PITA but the part was only $40 bucks. I replaced my defroster actuator at the same time just because it sits next to the blend door actuator and it was accessible even though it was still working. I have the actuator for the temperature control which looks to be easier but so far the stock one continues to work. There are many threads on the actuator replacement on this forum as well as other sites. Here is a link to a video that I looked at that I thought was helpful before replacing mine. Good luck and congratulations on the Saab. Mine is one of 442 made in 2008 but yours is one of only 112 made in 2009. (91 black and 21 silver)
Rich

1 - 2 of 2 Posts