'06 TBSS AWD
15,999 Posts
Nice comparison, I'll stick with my LSXRT :coolthumb:

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,779 Posts
:iamwithstupid:

Good heads up comparison and information.

:coolthumb:

·
Premium Member
6.2 silverao
2,942 Posts
pretty impressed with the tbss intake!
So was I! The lsxrt proved itself up top but only about 4 more hp average. Still proved lsxrt is best for these like Matt has been say/proving.

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
If the SS intake wasn't so damn ugly more people would probably keep it. The Fast is still low bang for the buck IMO. And I don't think anybody is actually running the MSD except for testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Porting my Mid-Rise right now... being boosted it isn't going to change the results much. But, it makes me feel better knowing all the casting flash is gone.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
121 Posts
I have bin messing with the stock ttss intake now for a few days.
The front part behind the TB is a big choke point..........
It will be 3.5"all the way to the box here soon...........

·
Premium Member
6.2 silverao
2,942 Posts
i have a few extra tbss intakes if anyone wants one to port. PM me
You could prolly sell all those in minutes on performancetrucks.net.
Prolly the most wanted part on that website for upgrading from the 78mm setup

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,505 Posts
I'm surprised at how the Edelbrock performed. I figured it would have been the worst.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm surprised at how the Edelbrock performed. I figured it would have been the worst.
The ProFlo was my second choice due to the smaller tapered runners and good plenum volume. It only has a bad reputation due to a lack of experience... like most products.

Other than the cam and heads being a bit hotter than most normal builds, this is a pretty good indicator of the power potential of the intakes. Now if we took all of these and ran them on a milder 450hp street engine with a more reasonable 6500rpm rev limit the overall impact from manifold to manifold would be less impressive.

Regardless, it is nice to see actual results and not a bunch of unsubstantiated opinion and conjecture.

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
I agree, some of the differences would be minimal at best in a lower hp build. I'm also curious what difference the throttle body made in the results. They used several for the testing and that alone will change flow numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts