Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some data logging, and at WOT, I am only getting 82% on the scanner for Throttle Position. I did the same data lagging on my friends C6 and he gets 87% Throttle.

So, is it just me or should we ever both be able to get 100% throttle?

·
The Worlds my Playground
4,823 Posts
I did some data logging, and at WOT, I am only getting 82% on the scanner for Throttle Position. I did the same data lagging on my friends C6 and he gets 87% Throttle.

So, is it just me or should we ever both be able to get 100% throttle?
I dont think you will ever see 100% throttle. Its funny though, idling with no throttle shows about 24~25%, weird shit there!?!?

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts
Come on man. :) I told you about this one. well.. I'm pretty sure I did! You need to log ETC instead of TPS..

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I really don't care about ETC, thats the gas pedal position. TPS is the actual throttle position, hence the 20-30% while idling with no ETC.

It's the actual throttle blade that I want to go to 100% and it's being limited to 82% TPS which is less than full open that happens at 87-88% TPS

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just did a scan with the engine off, air tube removed and manually opening the throttle. At full open it went to 87%. That's a 5% difference between driving at WOT and actual WOT.

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts
Nope. ETC is electronic throttle control.. Its the real deal.. Its the computer's go-pedal.. You have a fake go-pedal.. :).. For example.. Airflow Final Min.. At a given rpm in X gear if the airflow goes below a certain value the pcm will open the throttle blade ala etc.. If you are cammin and have the aforementioned table set wrong it can cause you to stall, surge, or have hanging rpms. Its like a safety net so the car doesn't stall. Set to high and the computer will open the blade too much and your idle will be bouncy! Its a pain in the ass during DFCO on the higher rpms.. with stock #s it gave me a "cruise control" effect as the rpms would drop to ~1200 smoothly and then it would "catch" and send it back up to 1400 and then just hang there. This was because of airflow final min and the computer opening the ETC to control it.

Repetitive enough? heh, I'm bad at explaining things.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Blades...I understand what you are saying but, the TPS % is the only PID that changes when I manually open the throttle blade with my hand. Try it yourself, it's easy: Just remove the air duct from the throttle body, hook up the scanner, turn the key on and open the throttle blade by hand.

That pretty much is where the road meets the tire in terms of how much throttle it gets. At WOT by hand, the TPS% reads 88% yet when driving at full ETC, the actual throttle blade only goes 82-83% open.

So I am thinking if the throttle is not opening completely, I am losing horsepower. What does it take to tune it so the throttle actually opens all the way? That is the question.

I have a thought, since noticing my friends 2006 corvette goes to 88%, which actually opens the throttle blade all the way, there is a difference in tune between the two that allows the corvette to have full throttle. What is that difference? I compared the read entire settings to mine, and there are so many different settings that mine has his does not and vice versa, it's hard to make sense out of what does it, but there is something there to allow it.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Blades, tell me how to add the pedal position PID and make it work please. I added the pid from chart settings and it comes up with a solid line no matter the gas pedal position. Am I doing something wrong?

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
Blades, tell me how to add the pedal position PID and make it work please. I added the pid from chart settings and it comes up with a solid line no matter the gas pedal position. Am I doing something wrong?

83% is wide open throttle.

This has been debated for a long time. It has something to do with percentage of the fly by wire voltage and not blade location.

As the others said you need to log ETC. Your Throttle body is opening 100%

Make sure you setup ETC in your tables and config and write it to the HPT box. ETC does work.

Rich

·
Registered
460 Posts
If you goto the HPT Forums there is all sorts of info there on the why it logs that way. At idle your already at 20% so that uses up part of the log......In short, the blade does open 100%. You can also set your status bit to show WOT.

Also, make sure when you are setting you PIDs and status bits you are plugged into the car and connected. Sometimes when switching from cars you'll get some issues. Also some of the PID's only work if you have the laptop logging the info. Standalone will not log some PID's, especially on trans PID's.

There is a difference in which each vehicle will log the % of the throttle position. Whatever the case, the blade is open 100%.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Fuck me...

nothing like the "tuning geeks" when they disagree...
cause they are probably "all" right at some point in the discussion...but it is just that.......one little turn of phrase......and the others won't let it go

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If the blade is at 83% and I can open it further with my hand, then IT IS NOT WTFO. If it was, then WHY o WHY can I do the same thing with my bud's C6 and the throttle actually goes wide open AND reads 88%?

Reality not setting in here?

Don't even reply please...I'll figure it out and let you all know how to fix it.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Settle.

How far open will the LS7 TB's go when swapped on? This may be a good test...if someone could help compare the two. Both will go to 100% ETC, but what value do they get for TPS?

Also, I thought I had read the TBSS has a different TB then the C6...is this incorrect?

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You are correct, the corvette has a different throttle body. I would like to try a C6 throttle body to see how far it open on the TBSS, but I know for certain the TBSS throttle body NEVER opens all the way in factory configuration.

If I have to take the thing apart to figure out why I will.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD Red Jewel
1,713 Posts
The one on the vet will actually see 88% instead of 83%. Like a few folks have said, it is a known issue.

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts
Its not ETC pedal position that you load. Its ETC position. I wonder what ETC TPS position is. I think I remember seeing that..

If you can come up with an equation to convert TPS to ETC (tps reads higher than ETC at idle, lower at WOT) then please post it. ETC 'costs' us 2 bytes instead of 1 for TPS. When I want to datalog really fast, I use tps and I am able to squeeze one more parameter on the table.

·
Registered
06 TBSS 2WD
346 Posts
If the blade is at 83% and I can open it further with my hand, then IT IS NOT WTFO. If it was, then WHY o WHY can I do the same thing with my bud's C6 and the throttle actually goes wide open AND reads 88%?

Reality not setting in here?

Don't even reply please...I'll figure it out and let you all know how to fix it.
Have you ever thought that you're going past WOT with the blade, and showing more ETC voltage which is translating to 88%? And that with the different ramp rates of the LS2/7 TB, it will show the higher voltage already?

83% is WOT with the truck TB, and 88% is WOT with the LS2/7 TB....you'll NEVER get the same percentage at WOT because you are dealing with two entirely DIFFERENT throttle bodies.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts