Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ever since I got my SS almost a year ago I wanted to put the SC on it. And since I have found all of these great sites with so many knowledgeable people it has made my decision sway back and forth as to where I want to go with the SS.

So here is my question:
If you were going to build the motor for the SC what type of heads, cam, bottom end set up would you do?
Please try to be a specific as possible (i.e. as much detail in specs; if you can). I'm retarded when it comes to engine building :doh:!

I'm so torn between just doing heads, cam, headers, efans, TB and upgrading the tranny and calling it done, but I know I'll still want the SC in the end. I think I go back and forth daily with what I want to do (the mod bug is driving me crazy):confused:! Especially since I'm going to have some $ to burn soon. I just don't want to do something to it and then regret I didn't do the SC. I had a Silverado with the 5.7L 350ci before this and I always wanted to do a SC on it but never had the money. I should of kept that truck damn it:(!
I'm just trying to look at all the options before I do anything.

I appreciate any and everyone's input!:D

·
Registered
BLK 06 TBSS
531 Posts
sounds like youve already made your mind up, SUPERCHARGER. If I had deep pockets I would forged the bottom end, balance & blue print. I would lower the compress, I would try and do it just with the pistons otherwise new heads. If you look more on this site you will find them, others have part number on heads to lower compression. The I would top it all with a magnacharger. I dont forget to build the trans, thats our biggest weak spot. If you decide to cam it I would place a call with comp cams and tell them your combo and have them tell you which one to get (best way IMHO).

Or you can talk to Alvin (PCMforLESS) he as a badass turbo TBSS

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
The build for mine is going real good, check the sig below. I also ordered a cam from Garth Weaver at Leading Edge Performance in Vegas. It is a great cam for the MagnaCharger. I would keep the stock compression ratio so you will have more power with less boost to keep the intake air temps lower. By keeping the IAT's lower you can run more timing for more power. Give me a call if you have any questions.

Joe (760) 522-8669

·
Registered
BLK 06 TBSS
531 Posts
only reason I said lower compression is because with my kenne bell mustang the blower wasnt even breathen hard with 10# boost, its like I wasnt even utilizing the blower that much. It actually woke up at 16# on up. Made a big defference feeling that blower kick in like that.

So for those blown TBSS, is this not the same with our trucks as far as boost ?

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
only reason I said lower compression is because with my kenne bell mustang the blower wasnt even breathen hard with 10# boost, its like I wasnt even utilizing the blower that much. It actually woke up at 16# on up. Made a big defference feeling that blower kick in like that.

So for those blown TBSS, is this not the same with our trucks as far as boost ?

The difference is both the design on the blower and the LS2 has 10.9 to 1 compression. This makes it so at around 5-6 psi of boost you get between 100-120 RWHP increase (usually about 20 RWHP per PSI of Boost)

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts
You could do the L92 setup - that would lower the compression and you'd get some sick power. Just make sure you get everything flowing smooth.. Especially on the exhaust side.. Then get a cam that suits your setup.. The split in the intake/exhaust #s on the L92 heads is crazy. I think its like 360cfm intake/275cfm (with headers) exhaust. Thats off of Livernois Motorsports site..

Has anyone done a FI-L92 setup yet?

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate everyone's input!:coolthumb:

This is why I started this thread so those of you with all the knowledge can show us novice's where it's at! If it weren't for you guys I'd probably end up with a setup that would be contradictory to a SC.

Keep it coming!:biggrin2:

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts
Aftermarket cam spec'd to work well with L92s or a phasing setup? Oh noes! VTEC SC LS2! I'm pretty sure the phasing is only available with the complete L92 package but I could be wrong.. There were some impressive #s posted for L92 w/ cam phasing. I think they were on LS1tech.com

·
Registered
420 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts