Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
914 Posts
Thanks all, very helpful. DJ do you have an extra trans cooler on your red SS? If you can tow a car/trailer with a stock SS with no extra cooler then I'm good. Also you have 315/35 on the rear, what is on the front?
I live in Florida so everything is flat here. I did add a transmission cooler because it gets hot here, I haul some heavier stuff at times, my car hauler trailer is all steel, the higher stall converter generates additional heat, etc. Here is a link to the transmission cooler that I bought on Amazon and mounted in the drivers side lower front air duct in the bumper. This is NOT a direct fit so I needed to drill holes and modify their hardware:

I also like to monitor the transmission temp with this Auto Meter gauge(see picture) and sending unit installed in the factory transmission pan.

As mentioned above ... an adjustable hitch is great. That way the trailer is level and you don't have to much tongue weight and additional stress on the rear air bag suspension. Towing is all about weight distribution.

Front tires are 245/45/20(Staggered look)

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Very nice setup! That is where I am towing to, from AL down to the FL panhandle. I live between mountains but can drive in the valleys to get out so no elevations. Will check out the cooler, thank you for the link. I figured you had 245/45 on front but couldn't tell by the pictures. I've got stock 255/50 on 8's front and 295/45 out back on 10's. The 315/35's are a full 2" shorter, I wanted to keep the gearing as close to stock as possible. Really wish someone made a 315/40 to match the 255/50 in height.

·
Registered
2008 TBSS Red Jewel RWD
914 Posts
The TBSS in my avatar with one wheel off the ground came from Athens, Alabama. I'll go anywhere for the right TBSS. Are you moving to Florida or just dropping of meth materials? LOL We used to be known for our Oranges & Strawberries but now .....we are known for meth and crazy people. Speaking of crazy people, I have family in the panhandle ... in Crawfordville and Perry.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Small world, my daughter just graduated from Athens State! We are in Huntsville. My son recently moved to Ocean Springs MS, just west of the panhandle, which is the destination for this haul. Moving all his stuff down. AL isn't typically known for much good either but Huntsville isn't typical AL by any stretch. My SS journey started with an S10 Blazer V8 swap. I began looking for heavy duty parts and ran across SS parts. I had no idea they even existed! This information canceled the V8 swap and I sold the Blazer and started the hunt for an SS. Found a pristine low mile example in Tampa Florida and bought it sight unseen. Still on the fence about doing any mods or towing. This truck is a really nice low mile example with only a couple of upgrades that are easy to reverse. Sure appreciate all the info form you guys!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts