Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive seen alot of yall have painted your grilles.. i want to paint mine but im not sure what to use? what did you all use to paint yours?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plasti-Dip...
yeah i saw a few people who said thats what they used..maybe im wrong but that is the stuff that is in a spray can and is like six bucks?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,258 Posts
I would do 3 coats. I did my brake ducts and they came out great. Lay it on heavy, until it looks wet.

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Never seen that paint before? Who sells it?

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Thanks man I will pick up some of this.

·
=ЯΛWSSUM=
TrailblazerSS
1,137 Posts
Had a friend just plasti dip his grille and he hardly even drives on freeway and already has noticable chips .:dunno: (mostly noticable because it was a chrome grille.) I really wanted to do my brakes ducts but I drivee about 40 percent of the time on freeway and wouldn't want to deal with chips on them and having tha shiny chrome expose through..

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
I would do 3 coats. I did my brake ducts and they came out great. Lay it on heavy, until it looks wet.
Does sparying the grille with that stuff really change the look of our already black grille? not being a jackass im serious

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
24 Posts
Dupli color..... Engine enamel
u can find it at auto zone .. Its good for plastics and done my caliper with this... Withstands heat... Did my grill about two years ago and its just about do for a new coat... I can say its been good to me

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
Dupli color..... Engine enamel
u can find it at auto zone .. Its good for plastics and done my caliper with this... Withstands heat... Did my grill about two years ago and its just about do for a new coat... I can say its been good to me
how long does this stuff have to sit before you could put your wheels back on?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,258 Posts
Does sparying the grille with that stuff really change the look of our already black grille? not being a jackass im serious
Yeah it does... I actually did my bumper pad with it... I hated how the pad and rear hadle looked sun-baked... Turned out pretty nice.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts