Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my boosted 408 nearing completion, originally planned to be dropped in the TA. But I've been kicking around the idea of dropping it in the TBSS. I know Magnachargers arent made for blistering power levels like a Procharger, but would it be capable of making in the high teens for boost and about 800-900hp?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Maggie

I've got my boosted 408 nearing completion, originally planned to be dropped in the TA. But I've been kicking around the idea of dropping it in the TBSS. I know Magnachargers arent made for blistering power levels like a Procharger, but would it be capable of making in the high teens for boost and about 800-900hp?
You would have to wait for the new TVS1900 4 rotor group to debut (which will be within the next year for TBSS) for up to 20 lbs of boost. The others won't boost that high. PM Joe at LeftCoast for details.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
The 122HH is good for about 750 at the crank with your stroker and the right cam. The new TVS will be out early next year so long as all the testing finishes up.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mmmmmmm kitty kitty reeeeer.........800 to 900hp........OH MY!:muahaha:

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
Is that the sound of exploding transmissions I hear? :rofl:

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
The New TVS will be able to support that power but they wont be releasing them till the first or second quarter of 2008. That's alot of pony's so everything will need to be built to support that. This gives you time to build everything else.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
I know Magnachargers arent made for blistering power levels like a Procharger, but would it be capable of making in the high teens for boost and about 800-900hp?

Why do prochargers make "blistering power"? Whats the difference?

I just talked to a guy that took a procharged TBSS to the track for the first time and ran 114 MPH with 8 pounds of boost.

·
Premium Member
2wd Turbo
11,126 Posts

I just talked to a guy that took a procharged TBSS to the track for the first time and ran 114 MPH with 8 pounds of boost.
GET HIM ON HERE!

I would love to see a few shots of a Procharged TBSS! They are a fun Superchargers!~

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Prochargers are centrifugal as opposed to Maggies which are roots. Procharger also allows the use of a more efficient intercooler and its design allows for more airflow

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts

wait bone stock tbss with just a procharger at 8 psi boost no other mods and trapped 114???

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
The guy that told me is a member here. I will let him chime in if he wants to share the details.

Here is what he said...

We just took the Prochrged SS to the track and it went 114.00 with 8lbs of boost.
Very impressive with headers catback efans and tuning!!

So, yep 114.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
The guy that told me is a member here. I will let him chime in if he wants to share the details.

Here is what he said...

We just took the Prochrged SS to the track and it went 114.00 with 8lbs of boost.
Very impressive with headers catback efans and tuning!!

So, yep 114.

wow 8psi on pump gas 114 sweet Hell i could only trap 109 on 5.5 psi boost. wonder what his 60 foot times were.

Oh well im waiting for the tvs to come out will blow away a lot of stuff out there plus i can just take my maggie off and put on the new unit and be done with it.

·
Premium Member
2wd Turbo
11,126 Posts
I know you can get a lot lower IAT with a intercooled procharger at 8lbs then a Maggie! That has to have a lot to do with it.
I bet he is not running pump gas!
Just a guess!

I bet its a D1sc not sure a P1sc can push 8lbs even with a baby pully!

Norcall That picture is way cool bro! Even better then the last!

·
Banned
237 Posts
I know you can get a lot lower IAT with a intercooled procharger at 8lbs then a Maggie! That has to have a lot to do with it.
I bet he is not running pump gas!
Just a guess!

I bet its a D1sc not sure a P1sc can push 8lbs even with a baby pully!

Norcall That picture is way cool bro! Even better then the last!
There were lots of people on the GTO forums taking out their ProChargers and going with Maggies. They did it simply for a better power curve and easier daily driving characteristics.

·
Registered
06 TBSS 2WD
570 Posts

:coolthumb: Now were talking. That's more of the MPH I was expecting out of a blown TBSS. Let's see some pics!

·
Registered
06 TBSS 2WD
570 Posts
There were lots of people on the GTO forums taking out their ProChargers and going with Maggies. They did it simply for a better power curve and easier daily driving characteristics.
Lot of guys install Prochargers wrong and part throttle drivability suffers. What's wrong you say? How about blow through MAF setup with MAF before throttle body... make for fun part throttle tuning and the solution is so simple if you just don't do it that way.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts