Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Camaro SS
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been researching doing headers on my AWD TBSS and it looks like its a pain in the dick... I called a local LS builder and it seems like he doesn't want to even do it. I would like to know how much you payed and if it was a RWD or AWD.... i may just do it myself but i only get 1 day a week off and i'd rather pay someone for the aggrivation.

·
Premium Member
6.2 silverao
2,942 Posts
I did mine and it's honestly not bad at all. I was way too worked up about and one wknd a coworker said "come on, we are doing your headers" we were done in about 5 hours and at the end it was like "oh crap, we are already done!" Real lots of threads on it and know what you need to do before hand and you can do it man.

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts
I paid for a set of gaskets and some better bolts.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
389 Posts
Drop starter. Push forward. Pull all plugs. Left engine and they both go in from the bottom.

If you can sex rite then you know angles! Do it yourself unless you don't have the jack or stands. And yes have someone else. It will help!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
737 Posts
Depending on the brand of headers will also determine how "easy" the install will be.. There are always variables like broken bolts, type of hardware you decide to use, heat socks for plug boots, heat shielding for steering boot and so on... Call a few shops and see about them ordering the headers and installation, sometimes the labor cost is less on a package deal...

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
6-8hrs, a lift, beer, a buddy and more beer.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
775 Posts
After reading online I expected it to be a royal PITA. My Kooks slid right in in under 2 hours including removing a broken bolt from the head. My TBSS was RWD. I didnt remove any heater or a/c lines like most said to do. IIRC drivers slid right in from bottom and passengers went in from top. Drivers side was on in 30 minutes, the rest was wrestling the pass side in. Getting my SLP dual exhaust to hang right and tips to line up after the headers took more time then the actual header install did but you can do that later, it wouldnt have kept me from driving it.

Reactions: ssam98

·
Mattmikemark
2006 Trailblazer SS
5,366 Posts
With no transmission in place I had mine bolted up in 20 mins.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts