Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
I'm putting down 521HP / 546TQ at the wheels (around 700 at the crank). Stock Motor, Stock Converter and Stock Trans, no issues here.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
I'm not putting down McDonald's numbers like Vinny but mine has held up wonderfully. I agree with it all being about the tune.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
I'm not putting down McDonald's numbers like Vinny but mine has held up wonderfully. I agree with it all being about the tune.
:biggrin2:Mc Donald's Numbers :biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
BTW what part or aspects of the tune is it that keeps the trans safe ?
Torque Management is your friend. I'm running Double TQ Management.

·
Premium Member
2008 TB SS AWD 3SS
3,288 Posts
Torque Management is your friend. I'm running Double TQ Management.
Really? Honestly thats a little weird in my mind and it has to falls flat on its face during a shift. If you're really having it pull 80% (stock is 40% at the high end) of the delivered torque, then there is NO way it doesn't fall flat.

It is impressive your stock trans has held up this long, 15k is pretty good with the combo you have, but regardless it is still a ticking time bomb.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
Really? Honestly thats a little weird in my mind and it has to falls flat on its face during a shift. If you're really having it pull 80% (stock is 40% at the high end) of the delivered torque, then there is NO way it doesn't fall flat.

It is impressive your stock trans has held up this long, 15k is pretty good with the combo you have, but regardless it is still a ticking time bomb.
I do loose a few tenth in the quarter because of it, but I haven't been to the track in over a year and a half, so I'm not worried about 1/4 mile times. I'd rather have my trans stay together then to worry about it exploding. If you were to listen to me go down the track you would think I had a stick shift, that's how short the timing pulls are. It pulls timing to 0* between shift, so I loose a little from 1 to 2 and then 2 to 3.

·
Draggin Wagon
AWD Trailblazer 3SS
447 Posts
I'm putting down 521HP / 546TQ at the wheels (around 700 at the crank). Stock Motor, Stock Converter and Stock Trans, no issues here.

That blow's my mind. Well done... I've worked for gm for a number of year's. You should teach are customer's how to make this driveline hold up. Make's me feel a little better about being a test mule for a turbo set up the fit's under the hood. Never would of thought even with all the tm in the world they hold up to even 450awhp at full weight.

What's your truck scale in at?

·
Draggin Wagon
AWD Trailblazer 3SS
447 Posts
More info on the front mount!
I'll be sure to share all the info as soon as all the detail's are worked out and fab work is underway. It's all still in the work's, I planned on selling the ss last week for a z06 then this came up, can't seem to turn it down now. The end product should result in a kit any one can get and install. with a number of different options as far as set up goes. It's a speed shop I've been dealing with for about 8 year's now and the work they do is amazing.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts