Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been studying time slips and build threads. I am having trouble narrowing down a ballpark figure to shoot for. I have an AWD stock weight. My goal is to run mid 11's, atleast 11.5's. The tracks that I would most often run at are at most 300 feet above sea level and air temps will vary widely with the seasons. I am in the early phases of planning a build and am trying to be as realistic as possible about what that will take. I would like to hear average expectations as I know that some folks have had freakish results which I do not expect to happen for me. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
6xx

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
not sure how much power steve (evilss2006) made but he did 11.5 with cam, d1, ptb3600, and the typical bolt ons full weight on 20s

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
im at 11.8 with 465 475hp
So your saying it only takes an extra 10-20 hp for the guys with awd?

I thought awd where like 500 lbs heavier?

this

maybe a little less

then again, remember all dyno's are different....
He did say atleast 11.50. I figured 550-585 would put him there pretty much every pass.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
Yea but aren't u 2wd??
hes awd with a maggie. Thing is he needs to figure how much more hp it will take to drop those other 3-4 tenths. Theres a pretty good jump in hp to jump from 11.8x to 11.5x and to consistly run 11.5x.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
hes awd with a maggie. Thing is he needs to figure how much more hp it will take to drop those other 3-4 tenths. Theres a pretty good jump in hp to jump from 11.8x to 11.5x and to consistly run 11.5x.
How much tq is the maggie truck making at the wheels? Ill bet its in the 520-530 range with 480 rwhp.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,910 Posts
not sure what my tq numbers are. gonna be making anouther trip to ttp sune so ill get them then

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,910 Posts
i went from 12.4 to 11.8 with intake and meth. didnt gain alota hp

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,910 Posts
same track 12.4 was in october. 11.8 was this month. hes running alot more timeing but a pretty mild tune for dd. next tunes gonna be very aggressive

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
With my setup prior, I was on the ragged edge, 18 degrees of timing, meth (~22% of my fuel needs), cam, stock heads, stock bottom, as Drew stated prior. If I knocked my truck down to 16 degrees of timing for the street, my ringland probably wouldn't have popped and I wouldn't have lost the motor.

Remember, I ran [email protected] with a 1.67 60ft. so I was hauling the mail in the back end, most 11.50 runs are 116-118mph. I also did this at 5,200ft. DA's so your 300ft. puts you at an advantage based on power needed to make a comparable pass.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
843 Posts
i went from 12.4 to 11.8 with intake and meth. didnt gain alota hp
You also added an 8 rib with 10 over crank pulley. Same track I would say DA was similar. I was there for both runs.

For op this my goal as well and have been working towards it for a year. Do you plan on going FI or motor + spray ?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
same track 12.4 was in october. 11.8 was this month. hes running alot more timeing but a pretty mild tune for dd. next tunes gonna be very aggressive
Alot more timing = power

With my setup prior, I was on the ragged edge, 18 degrees of timing, meth (~22% of my fuel needs), cam, stock heads, stock bottom, as Drew stated prior. If I knocked my truck down to 16 degrees of timing for the street, my ringland probably wouldn't have popped and I wouldn't have lost the motor.

Remember, I ran [email protected] with a 1.67 60ft. so I was hauling the mail in the back end, most 11.50 runs are 116-118mph. I also did this at 5,200ft. DA's so your 300ft. puts you at an advantage based on power needed to make a comparable pass.
What would you guess hp was when you ran 11.52?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts