Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
06' TBSS 2WD
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My converter will be here tomorrow, and my cooler kit within a few days, so I need to know how many quarts of tranny fluid I'll need. When you other guys did a converter swap, did you just go ahead and change fluid and filter in the tranny, or just replace the fluid you lost? Also, did you just use the stock stuff, the Dexron VI I believe it is now.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS AWD Modded
13,311 Posts
A Bunch!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Automatic Transmission, Total Fill
4 speed 300mm conver 4L70E............12.0 quarts
4 speed 280mm conver 4L60E/65E............12.0 quarts
4 speed 280mm conver 4L70E............12.0 quarts
4 speed 300mm conver 4L60E/65E............12.0 quarts

It will take between 8 and 10 just on a full flush.

·
Premium Member
06' TBSS 2WD
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, but I won't be doing a full on flush though, just a converter swap, and possibly a filter change. So, just dropping the pan, and removing the converter.

BTW, the converter is 245 mm.

·
Founding Member!
2012 Ram 1500
5,053 Posts
While they are in there, I would spend the little extra money and have them flush it all out for a full synthetic. Better now than having to do it all again later...

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
^^^ x2 with Mike.

I'm not sure what a 245 will take...those numbers were from the GM Service Manual. I'm sure it will be relatively close, though. If it were my rig, I would pickup 12 quarts of Amsoil or Redline and go all the way. In fact, that's exactly what I did.

Reactions: 06redsnail

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
converter with stock pan 8-10 quarts

·
Premium Member
06' TBSS 2WD
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
While they are in there, I would spend the little extra money and have them flush it all out for a full synthetic. Better now than having to do it all again later...

they...who is this they??? lol I'm doing the shit myself....I work on all of my own shit! :D

·
Premium Member
06' TBSS 2WD
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't hurt yourself patting your back....:cheers1:

:rofl:

Luckily, I have a buddy who has a lift at his house. We're gonna knock it out over there. We'll be doing the converter, tranny cooler, and servos. :)

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
You can find anything on this site. I guess I need to pick up 12 or 13 qts. I have a deep pan going in with my tranny update and already have a "alvin" cooler.

Not sure about synthetic though. I thought I remember a racing tranny builder telling me to stick with Dex 6 and if I wanted to go synthetic dont start out with it on a fresh build. But I really dont remember what the heck they said.

Touch getting old. Cant remember chit man ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts