Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still trying to get to the bottom of my 2007 3SS transmission problem (68276). Still no 1st or 4th gear. Second, third, and reverse work. This all started with engine upgrades, Circle D 3200 converter, and Sonnax transmission upgrades.
I thought sending the PCM and TCM for a mail order tune would suffice until I could drive to get a real tune. I had zero trans problems before these upgrades.
Everything back together and I have no 1st or 4th gear.
How can I find out if the TCM is working? Working right? I have no codes. I borrowed a trans code reader, no codes.
I've changed 2 ignition switches. Had the fuse block out and inspected with no issues. Fuses OK
Transmission has been out 3 times. Gone through twice for recheck.
Gone through the Common Trans Failure list
What am I missing? All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
277 Posts
as you've probably read, I too am having similar issues with my new FLT transmission. I finally broke down and ordered new TCM module from PCMofNC ($150 in all, w/mail order tune)
It did NOT cure my lack of 4th gear. The transmission shop hooked up the scanner, not to look for error codes, but to confirm that your computer is indeed sending the proper command to your transmission to change gears in all 4 gears. Mine does, so it is not an electrical issue.
My initial intention was to loan/ship my new TCM to you for you to try and see if it makes a difference (very easy to change out so of little risk to me) BUT, unfortunately my 2008 TCM is different from your 2007. Sorry about that. :( On the plus side they (PCMofNC) offer a in-stock "racing TCM" for your year truck (not for mine, i had to custom order) so you could always try that one. if it doesn't fix your current problem at least youd gain from its performance advantages, thus not a waste of $150. Performance Transmission Controller Trailblazer SS only

good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts