Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious What are some signs I need to clean the maf sensor, Im going out of town next week and will be putting on a HSRK when I get back.

thanks

·
The Worlds my Playground
4,823 Posts
Well if you have a k&n already (running for a while) check your sceen to see if there is oil build-up. If so, get a can of MAF cleaner at a local auto parts store and clean her up...

·
Premium Member
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well if you have a k&n already (running for a while) check your sceen to see if there is oil build-up. If so, get a can of MAF cleaner at a local auto parts store and clean her up...
will do thanks..........Btw if there is oil on it can I take some off with a paper towel or what?

·
The Worlds my Playground
4,823 Posts
The maf cleaner should remove most of the gunk... I used a can of compressed air (for computers etc) to clean and dry and it seem to work fine. Yes, a rag will work also, be gentel with the screen and sensor when wiping..

·
Premium Member
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok...I also read somewhere that its good to pull out a fuse (i think 5 but not sure) so that way the computer doesnt notice that you were messing with the sensor and changes anything...should i do that?

H

·
0 Posts
Just disconnect the battery and you should be fine. I would advise not using a rag on the MAF sensor. The resistors are very easy to tear or break if you rag becomes snagged on it. Same with compressed air- I would not use shop air, just a can of computer keyboard cleaner. Dont use brake cleaner or any solvents on it as well. Denatured alcohol works perfectly in a squirt bottle.

·
Premium Member
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks hellblazer 4 the advice, I opened her up yesterday took out the MAF the filter had very little almost no oil on it and the maf sensor was pure black with nothing on it, If the sensor is supposed 2 be black then i guess that means everything is clean and good am i correct?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts