Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want some feedback as to is it worth the 300 bucks for a live in car tune. As of right now I have a 4" cai utilizing stock airbox and lid but with a cone filter in it, and I have deleted my resonator and my cats and have a 3" in 3" out Magnaflow. I like it. i like the sound and performance.

Question is this:
Truck runs fine and drives fine. If I take it to EFI Alchemy here in Jacksonville and have the tune done, will I notice a difference in a big way or just in a subtle way?

Dont want to drop the 300 if its not a sizeable difference.

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
You really need a tune with any cai.. And yes a tune is worth it!!

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
Are you running Alvin's 4" CAI? If so, I thought a tune was required:dunno: If you are going to do a tune save up and buy efans and a 160 degree stat and do it all at once:2cents:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
Pm [email protected] and his tune is only 250
:iamwithstupid:

Are you running Alvin's 4" CAI? If so, I thought a tune was required:dunno: If you are going to do a tune save up and buy efans and a 160 degree stat and do it all at once:2cents:
If your running a stock maf a retune is not required. I wouldnt do a 4 inch on a stock maf due to have to reduce the size of the tubing and rubber hoses.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my cai is 4" to the maf where its reduced to 3.5 and then 4" on other side to a 4" cone in stock box.
I thought about price for a mail order type tune and like the idea of being able to drive 20 minutes down the road and have it done on a drive and on dyno. That, and retune is free if I decide to add a mod later.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,973 Posts
A tune will seriously wake your truck up!! It's worth every penny.

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,421 Posts
No cats and no tune? I'm guessing your check engine light is on then.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Nope... had o2 simulators installed...check engine light IS on bc of the bull$hit gas sending unit though...got tank being dropped this weekend to fix that.

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,421 Posts
How much were the O2 simulators? Where did you get them?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
exhaust shop installed them. dunno how much they were but the whole job (remove cats/replace with pipe/install simulators) was 150. they look like a spacer that goes where the factory o2 sensors were and then the factory o2's screw into them.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
heres what it looks like... looks like you can buy them online 20 a piece or so...

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
Want some feedback as to is it worth the 300 bucks for a live in car tune. As of right now I have a 4" cai utilizing stock airbox and lid but with a cone filter in it, and I have deleted my resonator and my cats and have a 3" in 3" out Magnaflow. I like it. i like the sound and performance.

Question is this:
Truck runs fine and drives fine. If I take it to EFI Alchemy here in Jacksonville and have the tune done, will I notice a difference in a big way or just in a subtle way?

Dont want to drop the 300 if its not a sizeable difference.
Stay away from them. Send me a PM.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PM sent and awaiting input... thanks in advance.

·
L.E.D. FREAK!
1,523 Posts
A tune will seriously wake your truck up!! It's worth every penny.
:iamwithstupid: couldnt agree more...one of my favorite mods so far.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like it. once you have time and roads are dry id like to do a dry run and interstate... to see if there are a few things you can do to make it a little more aggressive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts