Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in Houston or surrounding area have any experience installing your transmission? If you do you wanna make a trip to the Beaumont area and help me do a install? It should be fun. You'll get to crawl under my truck while it's on jackstands lol. If nothing else just stand there, point and tell me what to do. My buddy that was gonna help just started a shutdown at a local plant so I'm solo as of now and need assistance.

If your interested in helping me out post up or shoot me a PM. I'm willing to provide cold beverages, hot food and $$$.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
191 Posts
If i knew how to take mine off i would help but havent had any experience taking it off. I seen how they take of silverados
1. Unplug batt.
Unbolt drivesharft
Take of starter
Take of torq convertor bolts
Take of clips off tranny lines pull lines out
Put jack under tranny take of tranny crossmember
Unbolt bell housing bolts
Unplug all wire plugs from tranny
Should be it
Hope some of it helps

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was reading up on the install procedure on here but it never hurts to have help from someone with hands on experience. I didn't do the removal so really my biggest concern is figuring out which bolts go where

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
191 Posts
I get u. I think hardest part would be the convertor bolts puttin them on i think there a pain in da ass taking off n puttin on

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Helped on one trans (manual) and just make sure you have REALLY long extensions and swivels. Don't know anything about these though, good luck with your install. If I didn't have a million things to do, I'd ask if I could watch/lend a pair of hands.

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice and it would be cool to meet some other fellow owners.

Just found out 1 hour ago that l get to stay at work for another week. So now it's looking like the weekend of the 14th. I'm gonna call a few shops tomorrow and get some prices in case that weekend goes to shit to

·
Just a noob
TrailblazerSS
6,206 Posts
if im free i would lend a hand. i have never done a trans on this truck but have done a few others in some front wheel drive cars, (headache) so if im free the 14th ill let u know and come shoot the shit and turn some wrenches

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man. I've done plenty of installs on 1st gen AWD eclipses but never this truck. It would also help to have another truck to use as a reference

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The weekend of the 14th is what it's looking like as of now

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All I have is hand tools but I could rent a compressor if need be

·
Urmomsfavtoy
TBSS
2,097 Posts
Ill. See if I can make it n then we can get it done nothing to it though but just those damn converter bolts lol

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's what I've been reading lol. Keep me updated and we can go from there

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
When I get a built trans from Phoenix, I'll supply beer and steaks to those in the know to help out. Good luck with the install!

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When I get a built trans from Phoenix, I'll supply beer and steaks to those in the know to help out. Good luck with the install!
If im home from work I'll give you a hand

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I appreciate the offer Joe. Greg offered his expertise over the phone also. It's good to know I have several people to call if need be.

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Saturday the 15th or Sunday the 16th is looking like the best options as of now

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Everything is still looking like this weekend. May be doing a blower swap also. LMK if you wanna help or just come hang out

1 - 20 of 25 Posts