Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a good mechanic to get my SS worked on around Tampa/Brandon.. I need some maint done and wanted someone to check my overflow tank for my radiator. I dont want to use the Stealership!

Thanks
Aaron

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
there're a few knuckle heads on here who live over there that will chime in.

why not do the maintenance work yourself? we can walk you through it as its not hard at all.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am leaking dexcool from somewhere and trying to figure out where, I posted in general questions a thread about it...
My overflow tank is empty and when I pour dexcool in its leaking out from underneath the tank/ right behind the passenger side tire.. The radiator is full....

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
I am leaking dexcool from somewhere and trying to figure out where, I posted in general questions a thread about it...
My overflow tank is empty and when I pour dexcool in its leaking out from underneath the tank/ right behind the passenger side tire.. The radiator is full....

did you check the line that goes from the tank to the radiator?

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Pm sent

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
I wouldn't listen to chase, his truck has caught on fire before and now I hear is leaking everywhere :bum:

·
Registered
tbss. duh.
836 Posts
:iamwithstupid:
seriously... he just got his diff redone and its leaking oil through the axle shaft.. do NOT use chases people they suck

·
Registered
tbss. duh.
836 Posts
did you use a funnel? because one time i just poured it in without one and at the top of the overflow reservoir there is an overflow drain that drains behind the tire; same thing happened to me.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,978 Posts
Mike McGinnis lives in that area and owns his own towing business so I know he knows more than a few mechanics.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
4,218 Posts
Personally I ALWAYS use Stingray Chevrolet for work. I pay a little more than a regular mechanic, but I have piece of mind knowing that if something happens they will always take care of me. But there are a few tuners/mechanics who I trust as well

Jeremy Formato - LS tuner, who has done a few H/C Z06s for Stingray (Owner of Stingray even warranties these personally if something happens)

Josh Levin - He did my nitrous install on my c6, did a killer job, and is another great tuner (Hes a Ford guy though, but tuned my old car)

Precision Motorsports - They do great quality work, but I wouldnt use them again for a tune.

These are my personal favorites. But like I said Stingray does all of my work including my motor swap in my vette, then I had Jeremy Formato tune it.

Heard good things about Ramsey Performance as well, but I think they are Ford guys.

BTW Thanks Tony for sending me the link to this thread!

·
Premium Member
2006 white 2wd
3,246 Posts
I believe the overflow container has an overflow tube that runs behind the front tire. You might of put too much into the overflow container.

·
Registered
tbss. duh.
836 Posts
I believe the overflow container has an overflow tube that runs behind the front tire. You might of put too much into the overflow container.
actually you don't even need to over fill it for it to leak. if you are pouring it against the back of the fill hole it will leak out the back. thats why i recommended him use a funnel.

the last time i was at jeremy's he was putting a blower on a new tahoe for the owner of stingray. he said he mods his personal cars regularly

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
actually you don't even need to over fill it for it to leak. if you are pouring it against the back of the fill hole it will leak out the back. thats why i recommended him use a funnel.

the last time i was at jeremy's he was putting a blower on a new tahoe for the owner of stingray. he said he mods his personal cars regularly
Not to get off topic, but do they answer e-mails over there at Fasterproms or are they too busy? I e-mailed about some stuff I want to do but haven't heard anything back.

·
Jigga Jake
TrailblazerSS
1,244 Posts
Opening poster send me a pm
I am in Clearwater area and can help you!
And am very honest and personal
These guys will tell you!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts