Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
8,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it safe to run race fuel or high octane gas for track racing without getting tuned for it specifically. will there be gains/losses?

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
Pissing money away unless tuned for it.

·
Resident NIP
06 SS Trailblazer
4,326 Posts
You don't need it unless you got some sick ass build or forced induction of some sort. A bolt on truck works fine on 93. I tried mixing 1 gallon of VP112 with 5 gallons of 93 octane it made my truck run slower and 60 ft a lot slower.

·
Banned
TBSS
11,699 Posts
If you're worried about pre-detonation at the track just buy a bottle of octane booster and bring it with. A lot cheaper than race gas.
Octane booster does nothing, it's snake oil.

If detonation is an issue, it sounds like their is too much timing in it or the plugs are bad.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS
1,148 Posts
I know if ur not tuned to race fuel it doesn't help but I was thinking how about mixing 5gallons of E85 per a tank mix the reset with 93 and have it tuned with that mix of fuel.. do u think it will make more power!?!

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
Most people on the board shpuldn't need anything more then 100 octane unleaded.

Torco works but is hard on 02's and turns everything orange.

I have seen best results with 93/94 octane for most street LS based stuff or E85 if you fuel system is up to it.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
What does it take to run E85, big enough pump/injectors.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
What does it take to run E85, big enough pump/injectors.
Pump/injectors and sometimes rails/lines.

If you had a pretty stock tbss you could get away with just doing injectors. On a truck like that though the gains just aren't there to bother with the injectors, tuning and mileage drop.

·
RoyalT
TrailblazerSS
422 Posts
I ran a tank of 100 octane sunoco "race" gas they have on a pump in my area, ran a lot smoother and stronger, but I ran slower at the track, could that have fried my plugs?

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
I know if ur not tuned to race fuel it doesn't help but I was thinking how about mixing 5gallons of E85 per a tank mix the reset with 93 and have it tuned with that mix of fuel.. do u think it will make more power!?!
You can't do that without tuning. These are not flex fuel vehicles.

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Good info guys, thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.